Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2008, 09:15 PM

122 posts, read 512,693 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I looked in the archives and didn't find what I am looking for. My husband and I will be celebrating our 2nd anniversary on Tuesday. It is my year to plan, and although I have had several ideas I can't make a decision. We will for sure be eating at Chart House at the top of the tower, because we ate there on one of our dating anniversaries years ago before it was owned by Landry's. We will also be getting massages. Massage Heights or Massage Envy?

Other than where to get a massage, what else can we do? I thought about something with golf, but I don't play so I don't think it would be much fun for him to play while I sit in the cart. My other thought was wine tasting. Does anyone know what Wine Werks and Water 2 Wine have to offer for special tastings or anniversaries?

Help, I only have one more day! Any ideas are appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 09:26 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I have a friend that goes to Winestyles every (or almost every) Friday night for a catered dinner and wine-tasting. She loves it!

http://www.winestyles.net/linkframe....%2Fhuebneroaks

They need to update their website, but I'd give them a call and see if they are doing anything.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:26 PM

Anyone been to the Buckhorn Saloon downtown? My husband is a hunter so I thought he might like it. Can you really walk around with beer in hand?

Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 PM

409 posts, read 1,560,987 times
My husband also hunts and he loves Buckhorn Saloon! Heck, I enjoy Buckhorn Saloon! It's one of those things we reserve for company since we have been several times!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM

So I just wanted to update on what we did in case anyone needs ideas in the future and they look through the archives. For others, you may think we are silly!

I gave my husband a card that had times and addresses and he had to use his gps device to get us to each one on time.

1. Jim's for breakfast: Pretty self-explanatory. But why do they have to have the nasty smoking room at the location at Bandera and 1604?

2. Massage Heights: One hour massage, $39.99 per person. It was great for the price, but next visit goes up to $80 per person. Not sure how often I'll return at that price. I got the relaxing massage, and hubby got stress relieving massage, he is still in pain.

3. Wine Werks on Stone Oak Pkwy: Wine tasting, bought a bottle called Digeridoo for $14. Its a try before you buy place. I couldn't get a hold of the place listed above, but we will try it next time.

4. Buckhorn Saloon and Museum: It took us about an hour to go through. It was $34 for two people. We got a $1 per person discount since we are from SA. Ha ha! It was pricey, but worth going one time.

5. Chart House Restaurant at Tower of the Americas: Food was great! We got shrimp and crab fondue appetizer, new york strip and baked potato, crab cakes and garlic mashed potatoes, two beers. It was $100 plus tax. They gave us a free dessert for our anniversary. However, the waiter forgot our appetizer until our food was out, even after we reminded him. They didn't offer to comp, so that ruined the mood a little bit. You would think when you pay that much for food it would be the least they can do.

Anyhow, we had a great day overall. Next year is hubby's turn to plan!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: