Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:29 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,747,118 times

Advertisements

Interesting... if she's bright enough to see that synchronizing lights is a good thing that's a promising start. Even smarter would be to put lights on a flashing yellow / red like they used to at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM

38 posts, read 176,144 times
Scuba,

Right on the mark. I have seen soooo many cars waiting, wasting gasoline, and polluting at signal lights at night with no opposing traffic that I have actually run a few lights.

Cibrian - If stopping strip clubs is her biggest and most important priority for San Antonio, the I think not. Same for Mary Alice.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:53 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,165,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
What's her stand on rail transit (light or commuter)?
Which way is the wind blowing ???

Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 AM

27 posts, read 112,698 times
Angry Cibrian For Mayor?

SA probably doesn't deserve any better than her. I plan to move soon anyway.

I'd like to give her a high five acorss the lips for the fine job in getting a very expensive traffic light installed at the corner of Wurzbach & Elm Creek. This guady little project enables rich folk easier access to their guarded palacial estates while screwing up the traffic flow in both directions on Wurzbach Parkway. Just how much did THIS project set back the city?

Way to go, Diane. If this is any indication of your abilities, I can't wait to see how you'll screw up the rest of the city.

Can anybody give me her e-mail address? I'm itching to take this little gal to task and expose her for the nothing that she really is.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 AM

46 posts, read 150,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
For the longest time I watched all these Gordon Hartman Foundation commercials and thought it was quite nice of him to do such a thing, then I got to better understand how he gets tax breaks and such for these foundation things.
Everyone who donates to a charity gets the same "tax breaks" - that is the way tax laws are. I don't think it is fair to automatically asssume a selfish cause when someone does a good thing.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:24 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,939,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
District 8 Councilwoman Diane Cibrian has announced that she's exploring a run for mayor (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/citycouncil/stories/MYSA042408.01B.cibrian.35ae1cb.html - broken link) of San Antonio in 2009. Thus far her most famous accomplishment discussed here has been preventing the Boobie Rock nightclub from opening on IH-10. The article linked in the first sentence discusses how she is passing out Fiesta pins emblazoned with "Cibrian in '09." (The year, not the zip code. )

I've attended a couple of public meetings at which she has been present and observed how she enthusiastically "works the room," so this revelation doesn't surprise me.

Others rumored to be considering a run are ex-developer and philanthropist Gordon Hartman, former councilman and mayoral candidate Julian Castro and District 1 Councilwoman Mary Alice Cisneros.
I will not vote for her if she does run. Despite the fact that she ran on an anti-tax platform, she was one of the 4 councilmembers who voted FOR a larger CPS rate increase than the one that ultimately passed. That was disappointing to me.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:50 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,322,716 times
She said no to Boobie Rock!!!! Hell no she won't get my vote.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,165,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Even smarter would be to put lights on a flashing yellow / red like they used to at night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur1 View Post
Scuba,

Right on the mark. I have seen soooo many cars waiting, wasting gasoline, and polluting at signal lights at night with no opposing traffic that I have actually run a few lights.
I asked an traffic engineer about this a while ago and he said they leave them on because there's a liability issue with putting them on flash. I don't agree with him, but that's their reason.

As for the topic of Diane Cibrian, I'll just say this-- I did not vote for her before based solely on her campaign propaganda, and I sure as he** won't vote for her for mayor now that I've seen just how pompous and clueless she is.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,322,716 times
she was a complete idiot when she went on the air with Joe Pags back when they were having that discussion over the night club. I wish I had a copy of that.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,831,978 times
The lights on Broadway are always put on flash at midnite. It happens every night. Where are the lights not put on flash? I need to get out of the hood more often...at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio