Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 11:26 AM

311 posts, read 845,695 times

Advertisements

Hi!
One of the members here has been nice enough to give me some suggestions (thank you). Anyway, I thought I'd see if anyone else has ideas.
We are looking to start a lease the 2nd or 3rd week of May & like the "sea world" area but we are flexible. We like parts of Westcreek but not much is available in WC right now. I guess it's because so many military folks are PCSing?
So...are there comparable neighborhoods? i.e. family friendly, good schools, community pool(s) & maybe activities without too much of a crime problem?

THANK YOU for any suggestions! I know you locals probably get sick of these neighborhood ??'s - but I did look thorugh the boards to see if I could find an answer before I posted so I hope you don't mind yet another thread on neighborhoohds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 AM

90 posts, read 354,674 times
Im watching this as well...

Old 04-25-2008, 12:21 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA08 View Post
Hi!
One of the members here has been nice enough to give me some suggestions (thank you). Anyway, I thought I'd see if anyone else has ideas.
We are looking to start a lease the 2nd or 3rd week of May & like the "sea world" area but we are flexible. We like parts of Westcreek but not much is available in WC right now. I guess it's because so many military folks are PCSing?
So...are there comparable neighborhoods? i.e. family friendly, good schools, community pool(s) & maybe activities without too much of a crime problem?

THANK YOU for any suggestions! I know you locals probably get sick of these neighborhood ??'s - but I did look through the boards to see if I could find an answer before I posted so I hope you don't mind yet another thread on neighborhoods
You might try Sierra Springs (?) next to Sea World. I believe they have a pool. This subdivision is between Potranco and Military Drive West. Redbird Ranch (about 5 miles outside of Loop 1604 on Potranco) is another place you can check.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:44 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Sierra Springs and Spring Vistas are next to each other and both nice neighborhoods, tho I heard some of the residents talking about an increase in crime recently (mainly break-ins during the day). But ya know how it always feels like it's more than normal when ya live there. Not sure if they each have their own pool or not, tho. I'm partial to the school for the neighborhoods (Lewis) cause it's where my little girls go! We've been very happy with it!

Trophy Ridge is a really nice neighborhood, with it's own pool and playground. Brand new elementary school (Forester) is right in the neighborhood and opening this fall. And the new middle school (Vale) is opening this fall as well. (I personally don't like the high school for any of these neighborhoods, but that's another topic entirely.)

There might be something available in Alamo Ranch. Many (if not most) of the neighborhoods there have pools and there will be new schools opening in there within the next couple years.

As quick as you need something, I would definitely recommend hiring a RE agent to help you!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
don't forget the taxes. I was comparing the latest appraisals with three of my coworkers that live in or near Sierra Springs and my Westcreek appraisal was at least $1000 nicer..

Old 04-26-2008, 05:51 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
I thought the OP said he was looking to lease.

Sent you a PM on a nice little house I now available...just repainted, new carpet and they are finishing up tiling the kitchen floor this weekend...also new sod in the front yard..it is less than 3 minutes walking from the elementry school (Galm) if that matters.

Good luck in your search! If there is not a lot for rent in Westcreek, that should change in June or so with the heavy PCS season for military.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:47 AM

oops, I guess they did say lease..
renting in Westcreek is crazy expensive. My current mortgage is about $50 less than I was paying for rent in 2001 and I have an extra almost 1000 sq. feet of space.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:52 AM

Supply and demand, and upgrades I suppose...we rented our house out from 2002-2006 for $1,600 per month before we decided to move back into this one and rent out the other one.

The one in the medical center we have never even had to LIST...we have had graduating dental students recommend it to incoming dental students and we get 3 yr leases...I think maybe it is all about that location, location, location thing. The med center is getting CRAZY with traffic...how nice to be less than 8 minutes from school/work.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 AM

I was paying $1200/month for a 2000 sq. foot single story on White Cross. I'm sure the owner was making some pretty serious bank off me.
and it is definitely a location thing. Lots of transient military live here and they're some of the only people in this town that can afford the rent prices Westcreek commands.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:27 AM

You are so right!

LOVE your whatever you call that under your screen name! You are ON THE MONEY there!!! IF I subscribed (and I don't) I would have dropped them after that fiasco!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio