Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,386,345 times

Advertisements

Press go advanced, hit the paper clip button above, browse to the file, click on it, press upload, press close window, press the paper clip again and press the image and it'll attach. This isn't the best quality photo because the flash was washing it out and the natural light wasn't strong enough. gives the hint, though.
Inked in SA-img_1357.jpg

and yeah, I went to Mark. He's done all of my work except the original one I had done in the 80's. He did the cover up for it though. I still need to figure out what I'm going to use to fill in between all of these. That'll come after I get the fifth one on this arm and that's going to be it, for that arm..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 06:55 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,542 times
did i do it right?
Attached Thumbnails
Inked in SA-081110_143109.jpg  

Old 11-17-2008, 03:34 AM

I can see it just fine and another nice piece by Mark. His lines are so straight and very consistent quality. I'll let him know that I saw this when I go in to see him today. I mentioned it, but since I couldn't remember exactly what it was, he couldn't remember doing it.
thanks for sharing

Old 11-17-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I can see it just fine and another nice piece by Mark. His lines are so straight and very consistent quality. I'll let him know that I saw this when I go in to see him today. I mentioned it, but since I couldn't remember exactly what it was, he couldn't remember doing it.
thanks for sharing
He did a trace transfer. all I did was take him the stencil. but he did a hell of a job with the lines. Im thinking of going back next week! I am so addicted now I was affraid of that

Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM

I know how that goes. I have two more planned and I'm sure I'll figure out something else before they're finished.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:37 PM

21 posts, read 62,507 times
Hey, all! First time here. Was looking for info on the Alamo Ranch development and found a tattoo thread - yay!

I have the obligatory "I was 16 and dumb" tat on my right upper arm - it's a heart with my ex's name on it. It's faded a lot, so I'm currently working on a cover-up.

My latest is a cover-up of a cover-up of a cover-up! I had a stupid safety pin tat on the outside of my left ankle that never looked right (it was supposed to look like the pins tore into my skin, but never did). When I went back to get it fixed, the place was out of business.

So I got a Battlestar Galactica tat to cover it here in SA, but it did not come out right. So 6 weeks later, I went to Mike at Platinum and he re-did it. The font was supposed to be at my ankle and part of the tat, but that's the part the first artist messed up, so Mike had to cover it completely and place the text elsewhere.

The tat has a few meanings. The first is Battlestar Galactica (the new show, of course). The BSG 75 stands for Battlestar Group 75, but it's also my husband and my initials and the year I was born. The phoenix is a representation of the goddess Aurora/Isis and symbolizes re-birth. It's used on all of the items on the show that use the Colonial (military) logo. The coolest thing is that I got it right before my first and only convention and I got to show it off to 4 stars of the show. Tamoh Penniket (Helo) even bent down and held my leg to get a better look. Sigh.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p392/beetlemier/bsgtattoo.jpg (broken link)

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p392/beetlemier/BSGTattoo001-1.jpg (broken link)

I plan on getting 3 more - 1 on my wrist, 1 on the nape of my neck, and of course the cover-up on my arm.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlemier View Post
Hey, all! First time here. Was looking for info on the Alamo Ranch development and found a tattoo thread - yay!

I have the obligatory "I was 16 and dumb" tat on my right upper arm - it's a heart with my ex's name on it. It's faded a lot, so I'm currently working on a cover-up.

My latest is a cover-up of a cover-up of a cover-up! I had a stupid safety pin tat on the outside of my left ankle that never looked right (it was supposed to look like the pins tore into my skin, but never did). When I went back to get it fixed, the place was out of business.

So I got a Battlestar Galactica tat to cover it here in SA, but it did not come out right. So 6 weeks later, I went to Mike at Platinum and he re-did it. The font was supposed to be at my ankle and part of the tat, but that's the part the first artist messed up, so Mike had to cover it completely and place the text elsewhere.

The tat has a few meanings. The first is Battlestar Galactica (the new show, of course). The BSG 75 stands for Battlestar Group 75, but it's also my husband and my initials and the year I was born. The phoenix is a representation of the goddess Aurora/Isis and symbolizes re-birth. It's used on all of the items on the show that use the Colonial (military) logo. The coolest thing is that I got it right before my first and only convention and I got to show it off to 4 stars of the show. Tamoh Penniket (Helo) even bent down and held my leg to get a better look. Sigh.

I plan on getting 3 more - 1 on my wrist, 1 on the nape of my neck, and of course the cover-up on my arm.

youre taking a risk by going to platinum. thats where everyone starts! make shure you look at the portfolio. I am not hating on platinum because Mark started there aswell.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I know how that goes. I have two more planned and I'm sure I'll figure out something else before they're finished.
my next one is a Native American worshiping the moon or an Assasin offering a hand. I dont have the pieces yet, but I cant decide on which. I'm thinking of putting the NA on my right arm, and the assasin on my chest.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM

okay got them tell me what you think.....
Attached Thumbnails
Inked in SA-jpf-00638_thumb.jpg   Inked in SA-axf-00913_thumb.jpg  

Old 11-17-2008, 08:34 PM

21 posts, read 62,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
youre taking a risk by going to platinum. thats where everyone starts! make shure you look at the portfolio. I am not hating on platinum because Mark started there aswell.
Thanks! I've heard less than stellar things about Platinum since I got the tat. I'm going to go somewhere else next time. But, with finances the way they are, it won't be for awhile

I just hope people aren't looking at the tat and then warning me off Platinum because mine sucks! Mike must've been out of the norm for Platinum because he took a lot of time on mine, drew it from my Photoshop creation, and added his own little touches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio