Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times

Advertisements

I really think there is a lack of quality in San Antonio for tattoos. For example, here is an artist that is local to me and if you look at the art compared to what's been posted in here it's night and day.

Tattoo Studios in Fort Lauderdale- South Florida (http://www.tattoofortlauderdale.com/gallery.php?level=album&id=1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 12:17 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
I really think there is a lack of quality in San Antonio for tattoos. For example, here is an artist that is local to me and if you look at the art compared to what's been posted in here it's night and day.

Tattoo Studios in Fort Lauderdale- South Florida (http://www.tattoofortlauderdale.com/gallery.php?level=album&id=1 - broken link)
dang, rude! Why don't you just come right out with it and say, "all your tatts suck"?????

Old 01-13-2010, 03:34 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
yeah, that wasn't exactly nice.. besides, we're in SAN ANTONIO. I'm not rich enough to go half way across the country every time I want to get some ink and I'm quite happy with all my work. Besides, I hate florida.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 PM

400 good posts and then post 401 made a turn for the worse. This thread is for people in SAN ANTONIO that like tattoos or are curious about tattoos. I doubt any other poster in here cares about how much better it is in florida or whether or not some person on the intraweb is turned on by them or not.. I made this thread, so I should know, and that was not my intention at all.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:05 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
I seriously need to start "spreadin' the love", cuz I can't rep you yet RD, and I wish I could rep you x100 for that one!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:12 PM

it is also very hard to take pictures of tattoos. When they're new, the color is great, but there is a lot of reflection from the flash. It's also hard to get a grasp on the whole 3D in 2D thing.
Hopefully people will continue to post pictures in here because I really like seeing them, hearing the stories that go along with them, and getting a feel for how the overall experience was, especially on unique (like the elbow) body parts.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:43 AM

667 posts, read 1,567,489 times
DH said the elbow hurt really bad. Not unbearable but compared to other areas, it hurt. Had a friend get his elbow done the night before DH and apparently he was in lots of pain. Josh, the artist, takes better pictures of his stuff than we do apparently. You can check out his work here: PandaBinge.com!
The owner of the shop, Mario, does these amazing super small portraits on people's fingers (in between knuckles). It's crazy. You have to see it to believe it. His myspace: MySpace - Mario Sanchez Prick Tattoos - 39 - Male - SAN ANTONIO, Texas - myspace.com/pricktattoossatx

Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 AM

pretty retarded study here... Study links tattoos and deviant behavior | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Old 01-15-2010, 12:09 PM

I didn't say the tats suck in this post, I said in SA. I looked for an artist as I previously mentioned before for a year and could not find one.

Your best bet is to wait until the next tat convention comes around for a good selection.

Don't take what I said personal, it wasn't meant to hurt anyones feelings in this thread.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
400 good posts and then post 401 made a turn for the worse. This thread is for people in SAN ANTONIO that like tattoos or are curious about tattoos. I doubt any other poster in here cares about how much better it is in florida or whether or not some person on the intraweb is turned on by them or not.. I made this thread, so I should know, and that was not my intention at all.
You probably don't realize I still work in San Antonio but live in FL, and I was comparing the work from another tattoo studio here to show what good work looks like, perhaps some people that are curious about tattoos don't know any better. It's something that's going to be on your body the rest of your life then you want to make sure it's the best tattoo you can get.

You shouldn't be that sensative to to peoples opinions and thoughts when they differ from yours, after all this is a message board to discuss things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio