U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 12:37 AM

2,651 posts, read 6,525,976 times

Advertisements

SMU= Southern Methodist University, the school I went to before I transfered to UTD this spring
Boy= I'm a male
86=1986, year I was brought kicking and screaming into this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 01:32 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,344,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
Even though there have been previous questions about screen names, it's always fun to get a refresher and also see what some of the new folks names are and/or if you happened to miss it before!!

Mine is pretty easy - KY Filly. I'm from Kentucky and I'm a female.

BTW, I'm back in KY this week and it's Kentucky Derby time....for the first time in many, many years a Filly is running in the Derby - usually (for those who don't follow the Derby) only stallions compete in the Derby. A bit of trivia - only 3 fillies have won the Kentucky Derby in 133 years - the last one in 1988. There's gonna be a filly in this year's race on Saturday and when there's a filly in the race it usually is in the local headlines and makes for interesting betting on Derby Day - among all the ladies especially!
I LOVE the Ky derby! We were in Louisville the week right BEFORE the Ky Derby. The parties were starting and you could tell they were getting ready for it. On my "to do before I die" list, one of them is to attend the KY derby, and not in the giant mud pit in the middle, I want to be in the stands, dressed up with my HUGE hat! I actually would love to own a race horse some day...but DH doesn't get that dream of mine. Oh well! Also, here's the three fillys that have won in the past: Regret in 1915, Genuine Risk in 1980 and Winning Colors in 1988. Go Eight Belles! Have so much fun at the Derby!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:33 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,344,293 times
Mojokitty was my cat's name. She died last week...but I'll keep her name in rememberance.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 AM

413 posts, read 1,273,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
Mojokitty was my cat's name. She died last week...but I'll keep her name in rememberance.
Aw...I'm sorry for your loss. My roommate actually had her got cremated. She had her for 14 years.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,328,606 times
Mine is pretty obvious.
TX = I live, love and play in TX
trk = I drive a truck (he|| yeah!)
grl = I am a girl

Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM

77 posts, read 229,374 times
Lone-as in STAR or WOLF never run with the pack
GUN-

Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,185,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I LOVE the Ky derby! We were in Louisville the week right BEFORE the Ky Derby. The parties were starting and you could tell they were getting ready for it. On my "to do before I die" list, one of them is to attend the KY derby, and not in the giant mud pit in the middle, I want to be in the stands, dressed up with my HUGE hat! I actually would love to own a race horse some day...but DH doesn't get that dream of mine. Oh well! Also, here's the three fillys that have won in the past: Regret in 1915, Genuine Risk in 1980 and Winning Colors in 1988. Go Eight Belles! Have so much fun at the Derby!
My handle is self explanatory

I was at the KY derby...and my horse that I bet on was Eight Belles. It was so sad when they had to put her down on the track I attend every year....have a friend who lives in Louisville and always manages to snag me a ticket too! My horse that I bet on won the KY Oaks, which is the day before the derby (the run for the lily's) What a day that was....rained all day. We had seats that were in the bleachers and not covered, so we ended up watching the races on the monitors inside. For Derby day, we had infield tickets but still fun!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:36 PM

898 posts, read 2,279,034 times
anyone wanna guess the meaning behind my name? its really hard

Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,746,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
anyone wanna guess the meaning behind my name? its really hard

Um, you're NOT a Hornets fan?!?

Old 05-19-2008, 04:47 PM

898 posts, read 2,279,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Um, you're NOT a Hornets fan?!?
That's blasphemy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio