U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2008, 03:51 PM

320 posts, read 911,984 times
Default The yummy dipping oil for bread at Zio's!

Anyone know how to re-create this at home? Hubby and I love it, but I'm not sure which herbs/ingredients they use with their olive oil. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 04:32 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,457,642 times
I bought some of the garlic crisps at HEB, I think--or maybe my mom sent them from Trader Joe's--but then I sprinkled in some oregano and basil. You could probably experiment with different herbs until you get the mix you like best. (I'm almost positive I got them at HEB.)

Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 PM

12,503 posts, read 17,905,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecovringKrspyKremeAddict View Post
Anyone know how to re-create this at home? Hubby and I love it, but I'm not sure which herbs/ingredients they use with their olive oil. Any suggestions?
I have a great recipe that I got from the recipe swap on TexasMonthly.com. I will send you a DM with it.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 PM

634 posts, read 2,144,134 times
I would just add oregano and garlic to olive oil. That's how I eat it.

Bravo Cucina Italiano at La Cantera has very good olive oil dip.
I've never been to Zio's.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:09 PM

469 posts, read 705,774 times
Try this one...I got it from this website A CHELSEA MORNING

ITALIAN BUTTER HERB MIX FOR DIPPING OIL

1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Directions: Using a spice or coffee grinder, grind together all ingredients except the olive oil. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of herb mixture onto a small plate. Pour a thin layer of olive oil over all.

Old 05-03-2008, 02:21 PM

320 posts, read 911,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I bought some of the garlic crisps at HEB, I think--or maybe my mom sent them from Trader Joe's--but then I sprinkled in some oregano and basil. You could probably experiment with different herbs until you get the mix you like best. (I'm almost positive I got them at HEB.)
Thanks Sapphire....I also have some of that same product....from HEB. I had been using it in some olive oil with some "italian seasoning" (McCormick, I think) which just has a bunch of different stuff in it, but the flavor was still just a little too bright for me. (Don't know if that makes sense or not, but maybe some of you will know what I mean.)

Old 05-04-2008, 12:28 AM

4 posts, read 37,979 times
Default Carraba's!

I think Carraba's on I-10 has the best Olive Oil & spices "dipping sauce"...Also, the best chicken caesar salad...I don't know how they make that chicken taste so good...

Old 05-04-2008, 06:37 AM

259 posts, read 603,409 times
My favorite is the oil and pita at Turquoise Grill on 410. Good stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio