U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 PM

504 posts, read 1,303,246 times

Advertisements

i posted this news in another thread. i was on the committee for this project when i worked with the councilwoman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 12:55 PM

91 posts, read 234,772 times
very cool.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halligan View Post
Great news regarding the redevelopment of the Lone Star Brewery. This was posted today on the MySA.com website. Cant wait to see project drawings, etc! Anyone know the status of the BigTex project soil samplings?

www.mysanantonio.com >> Local News - Lone Star Brewery to get new life (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Lone_Star_Brewery_to_get_new_life_.html - broken link)

Thanks for the info. Thats great news.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 PM

107 posts, read 378,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halligan View Post
Anyone know the status of the BigTex project soil samplings?
SA Current - NEWS+FEATURES: The QueQue scroll towards the bottom

Old 08-13-2008, 09:54 PM

they are also proposing a theatre of performing arts school for the location which will require another tax hike. well, if you vote on it.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:35 AM

Lone Star Brewery

Old 10-12-2008, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,873 times
Default Beware: B Knightly Properties from Austin is redeveloping The Lonestar

B Knightly Properties in Austin is redeveloping it. It seemed like a really cool place to buy till I found that out. I bought one of their condos here in Austin - Townlake Village - and Mark Tolley, the owner/operator. [mod]consumer complaint[/mod]

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-13-2008 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Consumer complaints not permitted per ToS as they present defamation issues w/o giving the other side of the argument.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 AM

well, there is the environmental issue with the land on top of the fact that Lone Star sits behind a slavage yard that recycles aluminum, metal, steel.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:51 AM

2,355 posts, read 5,405,343 times
That is awesome that its going to be developed, think it would be a shame to make the place go to waste.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP512 View Post
B Knightly Properties in Austin is redeveloping it. It seemed like a really cool place to buy till I found that out. I bought one of their condos here in Austin - Townlake Village - and Mark Tolley, the owner/operator. Moderator cut: consumer complaint
Thanks. I Moderator cut: orphaned appreciate the overall warning to be wary of developers and their public relations. I've seen this Lone Star project come storming in with press releases and non specific marketing images. And honestly, the statement that residences will be completed by this summer seems pretty lofty. I know sometimes a developer can come in, hire an architect to do a couple of renderings, hire a marketing company to throw out a few buzz words, and then turn around and sell the land to the next developer after raising the perception of its value.

I'm also aware that sometimes a project stalling or ending isn't always the result of shady practices, but the reality of large scale development. This is the Big Tex development's issue regarding their environmental cleanup. If lack of communication/follow through does carry into the occupancy phase, then you'd have reason to worry.

I hope none of this is the case here, and does not seem to be as they're actually inviting the public on site. It's inevitable that something will go here. Hopefully whatever it is is here to stay.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-13-2008 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Not up for discussion in the forums per ToS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or