U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:55 PM

14 posts, read 41,457 times

Advertisements

Okay folks do you all remember the Lone Star Brewery when the Bicentenial train was parked in there huge railroad lines that went into the brewery..???The actual train ithat pulled the exhibit thru Texas is now located
in Palestine Texas...It is sad to see the Brewery going to waste and rotting away, it was a neat place to visit and see the Buckhorn Saloon, now it is located on Houston Street....

I remember the Olympic size pool that they had in back on the Brewery grounds, I have been trying to find pictures of it on the Internet, but really no luck....It seems that I am going to have to walk on the outside of the fence next to the San Antonio River which is next door to Roosvelt Park and take whatever pictures I can of what is left of it.....any pictures of the swimming pool???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 05:48 AM

3,218 posts, read 7,977,118 times
Is San antonio going to develop that area like Pearl Brewery

Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 AM

83 posts, read 335,354 times
There are developers interested in redeveloping the Brewery, don't know how soon we'll see any action.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:11 PM

Smile Lone Star Brewery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester81 View Post
There are developers interested in redeveloping the Brewery, don't know how soon we'll see any action.
At one time the City Water Board was interested in the Property but then they found lead and oil had penetrated the ground from there next door neighbor Newell Salvage...My Mom that lives on Probandt street had all the dirt around the house dug up and hauled away, due to contamination, also mostly all of Probandt street from Bank to Simon St was also dug up, Newell Salvage received a big fine for all the damage done...

Southtown which includes all of South Alamo from St Marys street to Probandt is really developing, some sort of Condos are going to be going up at the corner of Cevallos and Probandt....

Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,344,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Is San antonio going to develop that area like Pearl Brewery
If it's the area I'm thinking of, there are developers looking to develop it, but have been a lot of issues with contamination and environmental studies. The Current has regular articles about it.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester81 View Post
It is likely that the brewery and surrounding area will be re-developed in conjunction with the river improvement project. Industrial type operations will probably re-locate and be replaced by shops/restaurants/townhomes. Could be a good area to invest in now, before the re-development?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:42 AM

121 posts, read 439,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnlo View Post
Okay folks do you all remember the Lone Star Brewery when the Bicentenial train was parked in there huge railroad lines that went into the brewery..???The actual train ithat pulled the exhibit thru Texas is now located
in Palestine Texas...It is sad to see the Brewery going to waste and rotting away, it was a neat place to visit and see the Buckhorn Saloon, now it is located on Houston Street....

I remember the Olympic size pool that they had in back on the Brewery grounds, I have been trying to find pictures of it on the Internet, but really no luck....It seems that I am going to have to walk on the outside of the fence next to the San Antonio River which is next door to Roosvelt Park and take whatever pictures I can of what is left of it.....any pictures of the swimming pool???
Is that what this is?:

Old 06-15-2008, 09:23 PM

Default Pool

Yep that is what it was, they called it an AquaPool, and as for the manmade lake around it, I need to go to the Brewery and take some pictures.....They do have security on the property, but heck they are never around to ask them if I can take the pictures I want....Like I said before, " Seems like I am going to have to walk outside the fence line next to the San Antonio River to take the shots that I want of the pool.....

Johnlo

Old 06-16-2008, 07:42 PM

121 posts, read 439,807 times
Thanks, I was wondering what that was.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:44 PM

5 posts, read 20,326 times
Post MySA.com: Lone Star Brewery to get new life

Great news regarding the redevelopment of the Lone Star Brewery. This was posted today on the MySA.com website. Cant wait to see project drawings, etc! Anyone know the status of the BigTex project soil samplings?

www.mysanantonio.com >> Local News - Lone Star Brewery to get new life (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Lone_Star_Brewery_to_get_new_life_.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or