U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:50 PM

134 posts, read 459,695 times

Advertisements

Bloobug you are going to be missing playplaces & parks too. I miss the shopping too! I loved StoneBriar in Frisco & the Homeplace!!!Wah
I expect to see SA catching up, but I don't think they will ever put playareas in the existing malls. We don't have Six Flaggs passes but a neighbor said their water park area for toddlers is much nicer than Seaworld? Anyone else think so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 05:10 PM

17 posts, read 45,965 times
Oh yes Stonebriar mall! Definitely gonna miss that place! And Northpark and Willowbend and and and and
I heard a rumor that a new mall is going up around 281/Bulverde Rd which will be right around the corner from me.....anyone know if this is true?

What is the homeplace? Is that the gigantic place over by DFW?

Old 05-20-2008, 05:15 PM

It was that huge store downtown near Crate & Barrel area. It had tons of stuff for your house, the largest selection of draperies I had ever seen.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 PM

17 posts, read 45,965 times
hmmm...do not know what that is...unless you're talking about EXPO or the great indoors.

Are there any carousels in town? I know there used to be one at Central Park Mall but that's gone.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM

No carousels! yes the Great Indoors I had the name wrong!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:01 PM

3 posts, read 28,380 times
Smile Carousels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf1mom View Post
No carousels! yes the Great Indoors I had the name wrong!
The old Central Park Mall carousel is now at "Summit" (previously Eagle's Nest Church): :: Welcome to Summit :: (http://www.encfsa.com - broken link)

Old 09-01-2008, 12:54 PM

165 posts, read 470,814 times
Wow, I can't believe you mentioned the carousel at Summit Church. Yea, we have been there a few times since we moved here from Los Angeles and so far it's been really good child care and I actually felt comfortable to leave my two toddlers in the daycare (which I nevver felt comfortable with yet) and to go hear the service, and afterwards the carousel is open for awhile after each service and they loooove to go on it. The parents can go on it with them too. Very cool. I don't know why I can't find it anywhere on the website.
I am on here also looking for clean, nice playplaces for my 2 toddlers. There were starting to be alot more in the Los Angeles area but I still see a need for more everywhere cause before they are in preschool there is a need to have places to go to to socialize and learn interaction with other kids and reallllllllly to give Mommy a break.. sort of, where you can at least sit and watch them play. They had this fantastic one in Arcadia, California (LA County) and it's called Kids Island and it had everything, so much so that we went with my Aunt and all of us and we actually started having fun playing too cause of alll the big things they had too that we could join in with them. Wish I can find more here. And I haven't found any except a kids museum here in New Braunfels that I'm going to try. Does anyone know any playplaces in New Braunfels???

Old 09-03-2008, 07:33 AM

320 posts, read 933,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
That new one by Canyon Ridge Elem isn't that great, when I went last it was small and hot! Up on Canyon Golf Rd, past Wilderness Oak is a small playground that has lots of mature trees. It's a neighborhood playground but not gated. There is also playground in the Redland Oaks subdivision (near Los Barrios de Las Haciendas) on Redland Rd. just north of 1604 that isn't gated. The Encino Park community center has a big playground too (on Encino Rio) and it's really shaded. Neither are gated. We also go to Walker Ranch, McAllister and even Brackenridge with a playgroup and they are all fun. Not as close though.

The playground by the side of Canyon Golf Rd. north of Wilderness Oak is now gated off. I'm assuming thats the one you were refering to. Too bad, its one of the few playgrounds out here in the Stone Oak area that have shade.
There is a little known playground in the Stone Mountain subdivision off of Hardy Oak Blvd. Its non-gated, but there is a sign in the pool area that says For Stone Mountain Residents. I'm not sure if it refers to the pool or the entire area, but no one is there checking. In fact there has rarely ever been anyone there in the 10 or so times I've taken my little one. There are mature trees here, but none cast a shade over the playground except in the evening.
Stone Mountain playground
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or