U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 AM

111 posts, read 560,287 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are actually looking at buying a home near Sea World now. We have used this forum as a great guide to find the names of some places to look for a home. We are looking for a 2 story home, with some sort of an extra room (4th bedroom, game room, study, loft), and in a neighborhood that has a nice entrance and feel to it. Any suggestions? Or pictures of neighborhood entrances or amenities for the below neighborhoods?

Here are some that I have found/any suggestions on others are helpful:

Westcreek
Spring Vistas
Sierra Springs
Westover Elms
Westover Crossing
Brycewood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM

731 posts, read 2,898,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmjuarez View Post
My husband and I are actually looking at buying a home near Sea World now. We have used this forum as a great guide to find the names of some places to look for a home. We are looking for a 2 story home, with some sort of an extra room (4th bedroom, game room, study, loft), and in a neighborhood that has a nice entrance and feel to it. Any suggestions? Or pictures of neighborhood entrances or amenities for the below neighborhoods?

Here are some that I have found/any suggestions on others are helpful:

Westcreek
Spring Vistas
Sierra Springs
Westover Elms
Westover Crossing
Brycewood
I can't offer any pics but I'd say it looks like you've narrowed it down to some nice neighborhoods. I'd probably add Trophy Ridge to that list, too.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:24 AM

3,468 posts, read 5,773,979 times
Yep, what Midorigreen said! Def add Trophy Ridge!

Of the ones that you listed, really only Westcreek has much of an "entrance". There is a clock tower at the entrance at Military/1604. (There are several other entrances as well.) The others on your list have just basic entrances off of the street. I'm not sure but would probably say that that the entrance to Westover Elms is the least attractive of the one on you list. That said, Westcreek is not in the attendance boundaries of the new middle school, if that's a consideration since your dh will be working there. But Trophy Ridge is and I think the entrance to it is nice, and quite convenient!! If it were me, I'd go with Westcreek or Trophy Ridge for overall neighborhood feel and amenities.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the input. We are not picky on if it feeds into Vale MS. Just as long as it is in a good area. Is Westcreek right next to Sea World? I might be off on my locations, lol. I will be there next week to look around and find something :}

Old 05-08-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the input. We are not picky on if it feeds into Vale MS. Just as long as it is in a good area. Is Westcreek right next to Sea World? I might be off on my locations, lol. I will be there next week to look around and find something :}
Nah, Westcreek is outside loop 1604. My neighborhood (the older section of Oak Creek) is the one that borders Sea World. Westover Elms is quite aways from Sea World, Sierra Springs and Spring Vistas are just on the other side of Military from it. Brycewood is a ways down Potranco. It'll all make sense when you get here.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:51 AM

4,263 posts, read 7,115,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Nah, Westcreek is outside loop 1604. My neighborhood (the older section of Oak Creek) is the one that borders Sea World. Westover Elms is quite aways from Sea World, Sierra Springs and Spring Vistas are just on the other side of Military from it. Brycewood is a ways down Potranco. It'll all make sense when you get here.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I think that some of those neighborhoods are within the city limits..and some are not. That will make a difference with your taxes and services.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I guess my realtor will know that? Is there a way I can find that out via the internet? I really want to be within the city limits.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:54 AM

4,263 posts, read 7,115,318 times
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on that one. I guess my realtor will know that? Is there a way I can find that out via the internet? I really want to be within the city limits.

I know that Westcreek is not. I believe that some of Trophy Ridge is...and some isn't.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:59 AM

FCF is correct. Westcreek is out of the city limits and Trophy Ridge is kinda split, some is and some isn't in the city limits. The other neighborhoods on your list are all in the city limits. And yes, your Realtor will know that (and if he/she doesn't, you need a new one! ).

Old 05-10-2008, 04:39 PM

LOL, I agree. My question is what are the negatives and positives to living outside the city limits? I am all for saving money on taxes, but is it a good idea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio