U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,528 posts, read 5,696,405 times
Reputation: 639

Advertisements

Well contrary to what everyone says.
Yes I do think so :P...

I had an experience, in the 8th grade. After I got off the bus this one kid threw a rock at me, he was my friend. So I turn around like I'm going to do something(which I wasn't), and then this stupid man across the street comes to me and ask if their is a problem... then the next day he comes up to my friend and to come tell him if I give him anymore trouble... my friend was like "ok..." I felt like crying racism (as stupid as it sounds) because of my Asian/Hispanic ancestry and my friend was white. The guy looked pretty ancient (but he was fat lol) so maybe still a little racially bitter? maybe he didn't see him throw the rock?
But really... its there own business. I told my parents, and I really wasn't looking to do anything drastic. but let them be, let them learn that stupid bores stupidity....chances are they aren't the brightest of kids.
I would leave them alone... I don't like it when random people stick their noses in my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,277,083 times
Reputation: 3987
I don't know if I'd press charges, but they would definitely pay a price. My kids were fortunately not even close to the smallest in their class, so they were pretty safe. Schools are brutal though. I don't know what is built into us that makes us so evil during those years..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 06:06 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 7,730,362 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No kidding! It seems like the girls have gotten worse than the boys! I hope they suspend the big girl--but the sad thing is usually the one beaten gets in trouble, too. And no one came to help her? That's too sad.
Yes, sapphire, I think you're right ~ it seems that the girls have gotten worse than the boys. Although, I do hear about an awfully lot of fights between the boys, too.

And yep, BOTH girls will probably end up going to court (now not only do they get suspended, but they also end up at juvenile court). And probably the reason nobody came to her aid is that they'd end up in the same predicament (suspended/court). My son's friend was jumped at school, by two very much bigger boys. Another friend "helped" by distracted the second bully. All 4 boys were suspended, and all 4 had to go to court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
 
10,373 posts, read 12,646,756 times
Reputation: 3786
Sometimes kids will fight in public hoping that an adult will stop them. I'm not sure about your incident though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Status: "just keep scrolling then?" (set 4 days ago)
 
14,609 posts, read 31,118,712 times
Reputation: 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Well contrary to what everyone says.
Yes I do think so :P...

I had an experience, in the 8th grade. After I got off the bus this one kid threw a rock at me, he was my friend. So I turn around like I'm going to do something(which I wasn't), and then this stupid man across the street comes to me and ask if their is a problem... then the next day he comes up to my friend and to come tell him if I give him anymore trouble... my friend was like "ok..." I felt like crying racism (as stupid as it sounds) because of my Asian/Hispanic ancestry and my friend was white. The guy looked pretty ancient (but he was fat lol) so maybe still a little racially bitter? maybe he didn't see him throw the rock?
But really... its there own business. I told my parents, and I really wasn't looking to do anything drastic. but let them be, let them learn that stupid bores stupidity....chances are they aren't the brightest of kids.
I would leave them alone... I don't like it when random people stick their noses in my business.
When I'm an adult, and you're in the 8th grade, it is my business. An 8th grader's decision-making skills are not even close to ready yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,277,083 times
Reputation: 3987
I always hate it when adults (and kids) claim that kids have rights. My kids tried that before when they were young and I immediately raised the BS flag on them. They are kids and they do as they're told, end of story. There was no Constitution in my house for them. They had a King and Queen and that was the end of the chain.. Seeing how they've turned out, I'd say that was a pretty good way to lay down the law..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2008, 08:59 PM
 
422 posts, read 1,329,408 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I always hate it when adults (and kids) claim that kids have rights. My kids tried that before when they were young and I immediately raised the BS flag on them. They are kids and they do as they're told, end of story. There was no Constitution in my house for them. They had a King and Queen and that was the end of the chain.. Seeing how they've turned out, I'd say that was a pretty good way to lay down the law..

Heh, I feel the same way. There are no options! None of this, "hold the veggies" at the dinner table. It's my way, or my way, nuff said. And I'm a fan of "old school" discipline.

As far as the op, you definitely did the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 03:36 AM
 
Location: san antonio/potranco area
604 posts, read 1,368,164 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Well contrary to what everyone says.
Yes I do think so :P...

I had an experience, in the 8th grade. After I got off the bus this one kid threw a rock at me, he was my friend. So I turn around like I'm going to do something(which I wasn't), and then this stupid man across the street comes to me and ask if their is a problem... then the next day he comes up to my friend and to come tell him if I give him anymore trouble... my friend was like "ok..." I felt like crying racism (as stupid as it sounds) because of my Asian/Hispanic ancestry and my friend was white. The guy looked pretty ancient (but he was fat lol) so maybe still a little racially bitter? maybe he didn't see him throw the rock?
But really... its there own business. I told my parents, and I really wasn't looking to do anything drastic. but let them be, let them learn that stupid bores stupidity....chances are they aren't the brightest of kids.
I would leave them alone... I don't like it when random people stick their noses in my business.

How would you feel if you were being mugged and I was a "random person"? would you like me to stick my nose in your business then? Or how about if your child was being beat in the street right outside of your house and I was just a "random person" would it be ok then if I stuck my nose in your business? This is MY neighborhood, where I plan to raise my kids, I want it to be as safe as possible, and that means I have to do my part to keep it that way. I was unsure of my actions prior to yesterday, but when my 9 year old said he was proud of the way "we" handled things" I was sure I did the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 05:11 AM
 
Location: Helotes
778 posts, read 2,216,400 times
Reputation: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
How would you feel if you were being mugged and I was a "random person"? would you like me to stick my nose in your business then? Or how about if your child was being beat in the street right outside of your house and I was just a "random person" would it be ok then if I stuck my nose in your business? This is MY neighborhood, where I plan to raise my kids, I want it to be as safe as possible, and that means I have to do my part to keep it that way. I was unsure of my actions prior to yesterday, but when my 9 year old said he was proud of the way "we" handled things" I was sure I did the right thing.
Right on! If more "random people" would do something besides look the other way, we might not have near the amount of social ills we are beginning to experience here. Thanks for doing the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2008, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,732 posts, read 31,694,594 times
Reputation: 6772
I personally would want to know if my child was involved and I myself would have stopped and said something to the little heathens involved.

The teenagers in my neighborhood are aware that we keep our eyes open, that doesn't always stop them but the reality is their brains aren't engaged, someone has to remind them how to behave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top