U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you been affected by crime in SA?
Yes, personal crime 3 4.29%
Yes, property crime 30 42.86%
Yes, both 8 11.43%
Nope, never ! 29 41.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 PM

422 posts, read 1,329,946 times

Advertisements

Never really been a victim of crime in my 27 years here in SA...yet :P

Oh wait, back in high school, I was working the register at a pizza joint. This short change artist came in and talked me out of 20 bucks. He was slick! Or, I was young and dumb. He was like, I need change for the bus, can you break a 20... and his smoothe talking took it from there. About a minute or two after he left, I stood there dumb founded, thinking, "WTF just happened here." Sure enough, I counted out the drawer and I was short 20 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,350,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Well, when I lived in San Luis Obispo, CA, a very expensive city on the central coast, I had an apartment broken into as we slept--he took 2 purses and 2 wallets, and a stereo. We had our car broken into twice--stereo stolen both times, along with the leather seats being cut. My mom had a necklace stolen off her neck one day while she was walking downtown, and waiting at the crosswalk.

Maybe I should go spew in the California forum about how awful I had it there. Those crimes were a lot more "hands-on" and I definitely felt more victimized than when some jerk took my lawnmower to pawn.
I didn't know you were from California!! I lived in Southern California more eons than I even care to admit I've been alive... but... I had a dear, dear friend move from Southern California to Los Osos. LOVED it up there....

and... didn't Scott & Lacie Peterson go to school in SLO, and I think, also, opened a little restaurant there for a while.....

what years did you live in SLO?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:50 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,734,826 times
yikes! No, never (knocking on all these mesquite trees around me now!! ) We've lived in San Antonio (or the surrounding areas) for almost 10 years now. Nada. (Oh! And we too, live in a corner house! )

Old 05-10-2008, 08:41 AM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
I didn't know you were from California!! I lived in Southern California more eons than I even care to admit I've been alive... but... I had a dear, dear friend move from Southern California to Los Osos. LOVED it up there....

and... didn't Scott & Lacie Peterson go to school in SLO, and I think, also, opened a little restaurant there for a while.....

what years did you live in SLO?
1965-1972, 1977-1981. Yes re Scott and Lacie, but that was after my time there--it was over by Cal Poly, where my niece is attending. SLO is awesome, but ridiculously expensive for the working folk.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:08 AM

790 posts, read 3,616,043 times
16 years ago I was working at a hotel downtown and left my car parked in a lot across the street... backseat was FULL of drycleaned clothes I'd just picked up... and I accidentally left the door unlocked. Needless to say the clothes weren't in the car when I got off my shift. I don't really think of that as a crime, more of a tax on stupidity. Fortunately, that's the only "crime" experience I've had in over 20 years of living in SA on and off. Ever since I always double-check that my car is locked when I leave it somewhere.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:32 PM

323 posts, read 741,982 times
We had some flower pots stolen from our front porch last summer. Funny thing is that we were home when it happened. My son saw the people taking them from his window and told my wife. By the time I found out, they had already left. They didn't get a description of the car, so there was nothing I could do.

Come to think of it, I'm affected on almost a daily basis, indirectly...I work at one of the trauma centers here, so I see crime victims almost every day.

Last edited by franklin9150; 05-10-2008 at 10:49 PM..

Old 05-10-2008, 10:09 PM

554 posts, read 2,101,449 times
I've lived here for 21 years. My brother's car was broken into about 8 years ago. Our house was broken into a few months ago. So, 2 incidences in 21 years.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 PM

378 posts, read 1,299,700 times
I remember being shoot at in a drive-by when I was like6 but they weren't aiming at me but my older cousins who at the time were 17, 20 at my grandmothers house and again when I was 14 Me and my older brother had a gun pointed to are face. I was never in a gang but hanged with some real gangsters when I was young and dumb. But when I turned 16 I started doing street art and it turned my life around. Now I don't do any thing like that. Also last year My cousin was shoot in a drive-by but lived. Just last month one of my younger cousins house was targeted at. There is much much more drama in my family, but what can I say my family is crazy plus.

I think it's a family curse.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:30 PM

4,103 posts, read 6,055,758 times
We've had our stereo stolen twice and our house has been tagged twice. We live on a corner house and I hate it. Not long after we moved here they kept talking about dangerous home invasions on the news. Needless to say I didn't really feel safe.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:56 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,475,441 times
Yup I knew a person who was murdered in '99. His killer was executed last September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio