U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 PM

311 posts, read 744,095 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with this subdivision? Any opinions?
thanks in advance

Old 05-10-2008, 06:38 PM

14,603 posts, read 31,102,271 times
Is that the one off Mainland near Jimmy Elrod Elementary? If so, I was intrigued by it, too, but have never driven through there.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Is that the one off Mainland near Jimmy Elrod Elementary? If so, I was intrigued by it, too, but have never driven through there.
Yes! that is the neighborhood! We put an app. in for a rental there today...LOVE it! But I've researched lots of other subdivisions & planned to end up in Westcreek or Spring Vistas (or thereabout) yet it ended up that this is the place we (well actually I'm not there yet but hubby is & was telling me about it & I saw pics online) went gaa gaa over.

We'll see...I guess if we get approved, it's meant to be?

I just wondered if I could get 1st hand info. from anyone here on the area. I see that it's sorta close to where that shooting was on Grissom ... that makes me a little nervous but I guess bad things can happen anywhere.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 PM

I think you'll be OK over there. It's really sort of nestled in there, and it's gated, isn't it? LOL--I drive by it nearly 3 or 4 times a week--it must be gated, or I would have turned off and looked through there.

Anyway, it's sort of "behind and beside" my neighborhood--Silver Creek, and I think I'd be happy there. If you have an elementary-school kid, the school is thisclose. Good luck on the app!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I think you'll be OK over there. It's really sort of nestled in there, and it's gated, isn't it? LOL--I drive by it nearly 3 or 4 times a week--it must be gated, or I would have turned off and looked through there.

Anyway, it's sort of "behind and beside" my neighborhood--Silver Creek, and I think I'd be happy there. If you have an elementary-school kid, the school is thisclose. Good luck on the app!
Hi! it's actually not gated but there is a gate around the playground that my hubby says sort of gives the illusion of making it look like the neighborhood is gated. Works for me!

We do have a kiddo going into 4th grade so this looks like it will be a great area. Fingers crossed that the app goes through. Thanks to both of us getting divorced a few years back our credit is not perfect...nor horrendous but it could be better. (biting my nails)

Old 05-12-2008, 07:43 PM

Smile We got approved for the rental with option to buy!

Yay!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited!!!

Wish I could find out more from you all about the school (Elrod)....
aside from wondering about the school this seems like a "good thing"!

I'm so glad we didn't end up having to move into an apartment complex - mostly because they all seem to have crummy reviews.

Thanks to everyone for the information & guidance.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM

Check here:
Elrod Elementary School - San Antonio, Texas - TX - School overview

and here:
Elrod ES Homepage

Sorry, I don't have any first-hand experience with Elrod, but it's in NISD, so it's got that going for it anyway. One nice thing is it's right there by your new house--very close! Bad thing is--no bus service, but since you're that close....

Anyway, congrats and welcome to the next-door hood!

Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM

Thank you Sapphire!

Looks like good reviews

My daughter looked at their online photo album & said ... "Mom, I'm going to be like the only one there that does not have black hair"....yikes
I'm sort of glad we are going to be in a more diverse community than we are in now but I pray she does not get picked on

Old 05-13-2008, 04:59 AM

My kid in the next school over is blond and grey-eyed, and he has so much going on at that school I need a Palm Pilot to keep up with him. Friends over every weekend (some with black hair and brown eyes!) , activities throughout the week, and some really quality teachers. Your daughter will do fine!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
My kid in the next school over is blond and grey-eyed, and he has so much going on at that school I need a Palm Pilot to keep up with him. Friends over every weekend (some with black hair and brown eyes!) , activities throughout the week, and some really quality teachers. Your daughter will do fine!
My daughter is blond & grey eyed too!
Thanks for the post - that is very reassuring I'm SO looking forward to this move!!!

One thing I was surprised about (from the school website) is they don't allow bday parties or parents to bring goodies into school The school she goes to now allows all of that...I've heard of places NOT allowing it but I guess I didn't believe it. **sigh**

Thanks again Sapphire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio