Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 01:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

I have mine deducted from my retirement pay. I see that as the least painful method
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 02:48 PM

269 posts, read 745,764 times
Just found out the dh activated ours, Nov 07 at brooks, so maybe that is how it got ran as a cash advance. I have not paid online because of this, so thanks for that info. Copay for PCM is 12.00, I know that it 'shouldn't be' but after the last 18mos of medical hell at our last duty station, in another state, I will gladly pay for my good health. I work meds between TMOP, WH and local. Based on proximity, cost, (1 mo vs 3). And availabilty for some things not readily availble it is easier to get them from TMop. Mind you before I was a military dependant over ten years ago, I paid far higher premiums, copays were 20-30 and 80/20 prescriptions. That 80% was a reimbursment too!

For myself it is working out very well.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:52 PM

The copay is $12 per visit? that's not bad at all.. We rarely go at all and they're building all sorts of medical buildings in Westover Hills now. I think I might switch mine over because trying to get an appt. with Kelly is virtually impossible.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
The copay is $12 per visit? that's not bad at all.. We rarely go at all and they're building all sorts of medical buildings in Westover Hills now. I think I might switch mine over because trying to get an appt. with Kelly is virtually impossible.
and if memory serves me when the run routine labs from the Drs office it is included

my doc is at the med center in the christus offices they had a long wait for first timers, but due to the status of my health they bumped me up, and I have never had more than a next day wait when I was sick, if you want to go that 'far' I can also say stay away from a doc in the wells fargo building on bandera, very poor office team, DM for names if you are interested

Old 05-15-2008, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out the new offices in Westover Hills (if they're open yet) first and will go from there. I think this will be a good idea..
what about med's? do you go to the military hospitals for those? I think the copay at Walgreens is $5 and that would also save a lot of hassle.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out the new offices in Westover Hills (if they're open yet) first and will go from there. I think this will be a good idea..
what about med's? do you go to the military hospitals for those? I think the copay at Walgreens is $5 and that would also save a lot of hassle.
TMOP is 90 days for 3$ online ordering mailed to you, good for long term Rx. Locals are 30 days for 3$ for most generics. Some things are more so ask, it may be worth the trip to WH. If it is something like an antibiotic it could be 9$ for the course, not worth the hassle to go to WH and need it now so local. If you work on or near a base you still get 90 days no cost. I am moving my newer scripts to WH and will have dh pick up at satellite near BX, Which is where you have to take new scripts as a retiree, yes I stood in line to find this out. If you take long terms, and go with TMOP it is a whole other learning curve if you have not ever used that option.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:00 PM

hmm, I did not know about the retirees going to the satellite thing.. I work on Security Hill so it wouldn't be a far trip to pick them up, but would still probably spend the $3 and pick them up at the Walgreens right next to my house. Thanks again for all this info.

Old 05-15-2008, 04:05 PM

529 posts, read 2,711,673 times
When I retired in late 2005, all the military clinics were full and not taking any new sigh-ups but I was able to get in at Randolph because I signed up for retiree prime while I was still active duty. Since I was stationed at Randolph, I was able to continue my care at Randolph. I like going to Randolph because it's much closer. But I guess if driving wasn't an issue and if I had a choice, I'd strongly consider Lackland or BAMC because they have more services. Randolph doesn't have a hospital - just clinics.
But I do know that lines at the BAMC pharmacy are crazy.
Good luck

Old 05-15-2008, 04:08 PM

one of my coworkers goes to Randolph and he said it's easy to get in and hasn't had any problems. He also lives close to it

Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 PM

311 posts, read 846,082 times
dumb ?? here...what is BAMC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio