Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 04:15 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,172 times

Advertisements

My husband just told me today that he is taking me here for my birthday in a couple of weeks! I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am at his choice! I've heard this is a FANTASTIC dining experience. I'm a HUGE food/wine lover so this should be a great birthday gift. Has anyone experienced Le Reve, what was it like? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM

81 posts, read 230,469 times
the food, the service, and the bill at Restaurant Le Reve, San Antonio riverwalk fine dining are all amazing. best restaurant in sa hands down. even better than DANIEL | CHEF DANIEL BOULUD | DANIELNYC.COM (http://danielnyc.com/daniel/ - broken link) imho (and half the price).

if you want the full experience, you gotta go with the tasting menu and paired wines. i need to save some $$ so my wife and i can go back.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrewa View Post
the food, the service, and the bill at Restaurant Le Reve, San Antonio riverwalk fine dining are all amazing. best restaurant in sa hands down. even better than DANIEL | CHEF DANIEL BOULUD | DANIELNYC.COM (http://danielnyc.com/daniel/ - broken link) imho (and half the price).

if you want the full experience, you gotta go with the tasting menu and paired wines. i need to save some $$ so my wife and i can go back.

I'm jealous! You have eaten at Daniel Boulud's restaurant? I'm sure that was an amazing experience! Yes, my DH told me he is going to do the tasting menu with wine. They said set at least 3 hours aside for dinner. Like I said, thrilled beyond belief!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:55 AM

824 posts, read 1,815,449 times
mojokitty -

You're in for a fantastic experience. I promise I'm not trying to sound snobby, but I've eaten at several 2 and 3 star Michelin places, and Le Reve is absolutely on the same level with any of them (including Daniel).

I concur that you should do the tasting menu, and let them pick wine (corkage is a punititve $50, which is the only thing I dislike about the place). Have fun!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:42 PM

111 posts, read 714,556 times
I have and loved it! The experience is great and the atmosphere is wonderful! Small room with fantastic service. It is not a place you go eat and leave in an hour. Be ready for a 3 hour event of wonderful food and drinks My parents actually come in from Houston to eat there because of how good it is !

Old 05-18-2008, 03:41 PM

337 posts, read 826,144 times
My friends husband is one of the Chef's I hear it is great.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:26 AM

8 posts, read 20,455 times
You will enjoy Le Reve immensely. We have eaten all over Europe, at Michelin rated restaurants and all over NYC (Daniel is fab!!!). Le Reve is the BEST!!! The only place which is comparable, but Le Reve is still better, is Arzac in San Sebastian. Andrew and Maureen are super and make you feel at home. I have known them since before they opened the place and despite all their success and press, they have never changed their attitudes nor their friendliness and loyalty to San Antonio.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:24 AM

I'm so happy to hear that it's worth the small fortune we are going to drop to eat there. Like I said, I'm a huge food and wine lover so this is going to be an incredible experience for me...us. Not to mention...I'm hoping it will help me forget about the big birthday I'm celebrating...30. Thank you for telling me of your experiences.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:23 AM

8 posts, read 20,455 times
Get the wine flight if you enjoy wine. The sommelier is wonderful and wrote down other wines to try based on what we told him we enjoyed. Have a happy birthday there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio