U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 PM

5,615 posts, read 12,803,696 times

Advertisements

I've been to one of the Sundance neighborhoods. The one first one you see, entering through Sundance Heart. I was not impressed with the construction quality... things like the gap with trim against the house being small at one end of the piece and nearly an inch at the other end. The houses looked more or less the same, for the most part. The two story ones moreso than the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM

1,241 posts, read 3,894,978 times
The one thing that Sundance has over Redbird is that you can get all brick all the way around. Also, the better Sundance area allows at least 20 feet between homes which allows for a nicer front view. One last thing is that you can choose for a 9' foot ceiling which looks nice and allows for an 8' door. that's all I will say.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:50 AM

107 posts, read 369,030 times
Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

We are now a proud owner of a 4 bedroom home in RedBird Ranch!

Old 05-22-2008, 06:55 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,697,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1226 View Post

Wow..that was fast. How did you close so quickly?

Congratulations.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 AM

732 posts, read 3,364,730 times
Quote:

Congratulations! I think you will be really happy there!

Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 AM

53 posts, read 148,370 times
Quote:

Julie,

Where are you going to live in RBR? I know it's a little late but let me weigh in and make you feel better about your purchase since my fiance' and I live in RBR right now.

First of all, let me dispell with some of the incorrect statements made in this post. There is absolutely no disrespect here intended towards the people who made these comments but I just want to make sure you're aware of the right information.

I'm not sure which series your spec is in but RBR has 5 series: Americana, Patriot, Premier, Premier Plus and Marquis. RBR does have options to have Brick or Stone on 4 sides and the lots of DR HORTON homes are bigger when compared with the following builders: KB, Newmark, David Weekly, Ryland, Centex etc. Of all the major builders in the area, we looked at most and DR HORTON had bigger standard lots. The Americana and Patriot series standard lots are 45 X 120. The Premier series is 55 X 130. The Premier Plus series is 67 X 140 and the Marquis series is 70 X 140. We own a Marquis home ourselves with an oversized lot.

Americana, Patriot and Premier have 8ft ceilings on the 1st and 2nd floors. Premier Plus has 9ft ceilings on the 1st floor and 8ft on the 2nd and Marquis has 10ft ceilings on the 1st floor and 8ft on the 2nd.

This is nothing against people who own KB homes because they aren't crappy homes at all. However, generally speaking their build quality is not as good as DR HORTON and they are more "cookie-cutter" to use the term everyone knows. DR HORTON gives you way more options and is a more custom home although obviously they're not a true custom home builder but they will do just about anything you ask if you're actually building...but of cousre for a price.

RBR and Sundance Square will both have Ott for Elementary, Luna for Middle and Stevens for HS. However, that will soon (few years) be changing as there are schools that will be going up in the Stevens Ranch community and there are talks of having an elementary in RBR although nothing is finalized as far as I know with that.

The communites themselves are both nice but IMO, RBR is much nicer. The entry way itself is very unique with the bronze longhorns, the landscaping, the windmill, etc. Also, the pool is very nice and they're will also be a disc golf course as well as a basketball and tennis court which have yet to be built. RBR is only a little under two years old. Depending on where you live in the community, the Americana and Patriot series along with some Premier are all on the left side of the community as you come in the main entrance. Medina county line splits RBR so you could be in Medina county depending on the house. On the right side as you enter is Premier and all Premier Plus and Marquis homes.

As far as garages go, I don't know of ANY garage where you can comfortably fit two large SUVs. We have a 3 car garage (standard on Premier Plus and Marquis series homes) with a custom feature in that our garage is 4 feet longer than the standard garage. Lots of people in TX use their garages as game rooms, storage areas, etc and usually don't put their cars in because you never have to really worry about snow or cold weather although heat can kill too. We use our garage for storage as well but put both our vehicles in it (truck and car).

This thread could be really long but with much more detailed info. but seeing as how you've already purchased a RBR home, I'll stop here. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Congrats!
Jason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio