U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,566 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

We were parked on Halleck Dr. for about 4 hours in front of a friend's house. When we got back, there was a parking ticket on our car that said we owed $35 because we were parked facing traffic. The street ends in a cul de sac. I had never heard of this law before. We live on Rock Creek Run in a cul de sac & people park facing traffic all the time... never have seen any "officials" ticketing anybody. The officer just left an envelope not even a place we could go to talk about it - just send in the money. Has anyone heard of this law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2014, 04:30 PM
 
342 posts, read 328,942 times
Reputation: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenna J Kachtik View Post
We were parked on Halleck Dr. for about 4 hours in front of a friend's house. When we got back, there was a parking ticket on our car that said we owed $35 because we were parked facing traffic. The street ends in a cul de sac. I had never heard of this law before. We live on Rock Creek Run in a cul de sac & people park facing traffic all the time... never have seen any "officials" ticketing anybody. The officer just left an envelope not even a place we could go to talk about it - just send in the money. Has anyone heard of this law?


This has been a law since they first started to regulate driving I'm fairly certain.

I wish they would actually enforce this on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2014, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Kallison Ranch
41 posts, read 39,931 times
Reputation: 35
Texas is the only state I see cars parked facing traffic. They should ticket every single one. It makes no sense to park that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 PM
 
4,268 posts, read 8,356,445 times
Reputation: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenna J Kachtik View Post
We were parked on Halleck Dr. for about 4 hours in front of a friend's house. When we got back, there was a parking ticket on our car that said we owed $35 because we were parked facing traffic. The street ends in a cul de sac. I had never heard of this law before. We live on Rock Creek Run in a cul de sac & people park facing traffic all the time... never have seen any "officials" ticketing anybody. The officer just left an envelope not even a place we could go to talk about it - just send in the money. Has anyone heard of this law?

Been a law every where I've been. In my neighborhood people park the wrong direction all the time, police only bother to ticket on King William Fair Weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2014, 08:57 PM
 
Location: San Quilmas, Tx
4,081 posts, read 6,084,945 times
Reputation: 9121
A few months ago the City Marshals were out in the neighborhoods ticketing that and blocked sidewalks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 AM
 
1,120 posts, read 783,113 times
Reputation: 2092
I called and complained for years about residents parking the wrong direction when we lived in San Antonio. Never once did I see anyone come out, let alone ticket or say anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 AM
 
3,141 posts, read 5,160,486 times
Reputation: 1748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I called and complained for years about residents parking the wrong direction when we lived in San Antonio. Never once did I see anyone come out, let alone ticket or say anything.
Parking the wrong direction on a residential street isn't exactly a high priority for most law enforcement agencies. It's more like something that would get a citation if they are out on patrol, or are called out for some other matter; but then, do they not have more pressing matters that need to be addressed? If the problem is widespread in a particular neighborhood, and they get complaints from multiple residents, you might see some action taken.

I think they're more likely to put the word out through neighborhood leaders, who then put out a reminder to their residents. I've heard of such "reminders" in my neighborhood, over the years. I personally don't park the wrong way, so I haven't put it to the test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
 
Location: San Quilmas, Tx
4,081 posts, read 6,084,945 times
Reputation: 9121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Parking the wrong direction on a residential street isn't exactly a high priority for most law enforcement agencies. It's more like something that would get a citation if they are out on patrol, or are called out for some other matter; but then, do they not have more pressing matters that need to be addressed? If the problem is widespread in a particular neighborhood, and they get complaints from multiple residents, you might see some action taken.

I think they're more likely to put the word out through neighborhood leaders, who then put out a reminder to their residents. I've heard of such "reminders" in my neighborhood, over the years. I personally don't park the wrong way, so I haven't put it to the test.
What my neighbor got was a ticket (not a citation) that cost him $35.00 for blocking a sidewalk. Others on the street were ticketed for parking the wrong way. Haven't seen the City Marshals since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2014, 01:55 PM
 
1,120 posts, read 783,113 times
Reputation: 2092
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Parking the wrong direction on a residential street isn't exactly a high priority for most law enforcement agencies. It's more like something that would get a citation if they are out on patrol, or are called out for some other matter; but then, do they not have more pressing matters that need to be addressed? If the problem is widespread in a particular neighborhood, and they get complaints from multiple residents, you might see some action taken.

I think they're more likely to put the word out through neighborhood leaders, who then put out a reminder to their residents. I've heard of such "reminders" in my neighborhood, over the years. I personally don't park the wrong way, so I haven't put it to the test.
It WAS a "wide-spread" problem; it's like jr. high: everybody's doing it, so who cares. Our neighborhood HOA was a joke. And I DO realize LE has more pressing problems at times, but over seven years, do you think they could have come out once and ticketed some windshields?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2015, 07:19 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,190 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I have come across the same issue before. From what I understand, it is against the law to store an RV/Boat/trailer in the street. City code provides allowances for loading, cleaning, light maintenance, but I would consider anything more than 24 hours a nuisance. Sometimes police are responsive to this issue, other times they don't seem to care. Call the non-emergency 207-SAPD and report it.
Plz, I'm a truck driver and I used to park my truck at my house because during the week, I used it as a personal vehicle. But someone called the police instead of coming to me and talking to me about it. Yes, we all know that it's not "legal" to park a commercial vehicle in a residential zone. But, most of us are good people just trying to make a living and like me, sometimes have to use our truck as a personal vehicle also. Before calling the police, go talk to the driver first. Let him know your concerns and just be polite about it. It's a lot better to talk to him first rather than wasting the police's time on something like that which you can take care of yourself. People use the police as a first resort rather than the last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top