Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:00 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

yeah, that one... ummm, I can't remember the dork that started that one though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM

130 posts, read 543,773 times
Whether this is true or not, Valero gas always goes faster for my car. I'll stick with Shell.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:40 AM

524 posts, read 942,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
Got this e-mail today.

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON.
Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it.
It might even have been good for us!
Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?
Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own destiny
and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates their profits,
their livings? How about leaving American Dollars in America and reduce the
import/export deficit?
An appealing remedy might be to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill
up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia .

Just purchase gas from companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill
up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression want
me, my family and my friends dead. Don't you think it might be of interest
to know which oil companies import Middle Eastern oil and which do not?

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell.................................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco....................144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil........................ 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway............. 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco.................................. 62,231,000 barrels
And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez who
hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We pay Chavez's
regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)
The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day from OPEC.
If you do the math at $95 per barrel, that's over $524 million PER
DAY ($191 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many of whose members are
our confirmed enemies!!!!!
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco.........................0 barrels
Conoco.........................0 barrels
Sinclair..........................0 barrels
BP/Phillips....................0 barrels
Hess. ...........................0 barrels
ARCO...........................0 barrels
Maverick........................0 barrels
Flying J. ........................0 barrels
Valero.............................0 barrels
I AM GOING TO ADD THE FOLLOWING...
Murphy Oil USA sold at Wal-Mart is from South Arkansas USA
Not only that they give scholarships to all children in their town
who finish high school and are legal US citizens.
All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of
Energy and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

P.S. Valero free coffee when the Spurs win. That's a plus!
I was just going to post a similar thread on this subject...

I have my own personal protest going on. I kept getting those e-mails that said 'teach the oil companies a lesson do not buy gas for one day'. Then the e-mail went on about all of the bad things that would happen to the oil companies if we did not buy for one day... collectively!

Most of the oil companies either buy from the Saudis (who only tollerate us because we are making them filthy rich), Mexico (which only makes corrupt government and the ultra-rich there even richer), or that A-HOLE! in Venezuela (Dictator Hugo Chavez)

So I and my entire family have gotten together and now we only buy gas from Wal-Marts (They're everywhere and their gas is usually cheaper than most of the other stations) They use Murphy Oil which is an American company!

Gas is a neccessity and if I have to buy it, then I will do my best not to fund our enemies!

Old 09-25-2008, 06:02 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
I wish people would do more research before they post what they believe to be absolute truths on the Internet! The Middle East provides over half of the world's oil (56%, to be exact, and this is according to the US Energy Information Administration. The one thing that immediately throws a flag in my mind is when people post statistics or other information without providing the source of that info!).

Anyhow, do you really think any gas company will be able to survive competitively without buying oil from the world's leading producers? A few do, but they are not the major players in the American gas market. That is like saying you won't shop anywhere that sells products made in China. Good luck with that!

And it is well known (well, I thought it was) that gas companies buy their oil from whoever has the cheapest prices on the market. Oil is a commodity, which means it is sold, traded and speculated on like gold, silver and stocks. That was the reason for the recent spike in prices, the speculation on future reserves.

So these schemes to put the Saudis or Hugo Chavez out of business by not buying gas from certain stations are without merit. Just go read the Snopes link in the first response to the original post, and educate yourself on the subject before posting absolutes. And if you do your homework, be insure to include your references/sources as to really convince anyone with an educated mind, you have to provide the supporting evidence for your "facts."

Cheers! M2

Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zednemtheadventurer View Post
I was just going to post a similar thread on this subject...

I have my own personal protest going on. I kept getting those e-mails that said 'teach the oil companies a lesson do not buy gas for one day'. Then the e-mail went on about all of the bad things that would happen to the oil companies if we did not buy for one day... collectively!

Most of the oil companies either buy from the Saudis (who only tollerate us because we are making them filthy rich), Mexico (which only makes corrupt government and the ultra-rich there even richer), or that A-HOLE! in Venezuela (Dictator Hugo Chavez)

So I and my entire family have gotten together and now we only buy gas from Wal-Marts (They're everywhere and their gas is usually cheaper than most of the other stations) They use Murphy Oil which is an American company!

Gas is a neccessity and if I have to buy it, then I will do my best not to fund our enemies!
Go to snopes.com and look it up. You've been suckered in by a chain email and none of this stuff is true.

Every time I get one of these things I want to roll up a newspaper and thump them on the head and go "No! Bad!"

Old 09-25-2008, 05:57 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,542 times
wow I thought shell was american. dang it. all the US Gas companies suck though. I guess Im going to have to make a sacrifice and go to valero and use alot of forumula 104

Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
wow I thought shell was american. dang it. all the US Gas companies suck though. I guess Im going to have to make a sacrifice and go to valero and use alot of forumula 104
Shell is Dutch. Always has been...

But the Dutch are really nice people!

Cheers! M2

Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 AM

524 posts, read 942,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Go to snopes.com and look it up. You've been suckered in by a chain email and none of this stuff is true.

Every time I get one of these things I want to roll up a newspaper and thump them on the head and go "No! Bad!"
I haven’t been suckered into anything and I am not trying to put oil companies out of business. All I am saying is that those e-mails got me thinking and after doing some minor research I started exclusively buying gas from Wal-Mart and other stand alone Murphy related stations. I am a person who makes a point to buy American made products because it makes me feel good to be able to help out American companies… I am not fanatical about it, because buying only American is very hard and time consuming thing to do… but when given a choice between two similar items, I always choose the American made product!

I am a red-blooded American patriot and proud of it!

I have checked that snopes thing out before and ‘yes’ that e-mail is false! But that was not the message of my e-mail. I just made a conscious decision to buy American in my gas as well… (Murphy Oil USA, Inc.) operates retail gasoline stations under the Murphy USA brand across 20 states in the U.S. These are high-volume, low-cost retail gasoline stations, primarily in the parking areas of Wal-Mart Supercenters. Murphy Oil USA, Inc. also operates a network of 12 Company-owned terminals. These terminals, along with numerous third-party terminals, provide fuel supply to retail and branded wholesale stations throughout 23 states. The Company owns refining and marketing operations in the United States.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:20 PM

260 posts, read 573,313 times
For you people that are getting their panties in a bunch, I did not say if the e-mail was true or not! All I said was that I got this e-mail today. Just because I wanted you to see it does not make it valid. Just about everybody was headhunting except for sapphire. At least she understood where I was coming from without chopping my head off.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
For you people that are getting their panties in a bunch, I did not say if the e-mail was true or not! All I said was that I got this e-mail today. Just because I wanted you to see it does not make it valid. Just about everybody was headhunting except for sapphire. At least she understood where I was coming from without chopping my head off.
I got the e-mail, too. At least it got people talking and thinking. Don't worry about it!! You're not the first, nor will you be the last, to post something on here that gets everyone's knickers in a knot, or their panties in a bunch. It happens every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio