U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 AM

3,775 posts, read 3,272,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Nothing is cheap at Central Market. I only go for bread or soup. Their prices are ridiculous. You should try Costco's meat... better than Central Market meat and ALOT cheaper. I remember paying $15 for one ribeye at CM and then paying $25 for three or four big ribeyes at Costco's and CC's was much better tasting. CM is a rip-off but good for some things like the "Miles of Chocolate"!
I worked at Central Market about 4 years ago so I know how crazy expensive it is. I usually gave a good portion of my paycheck back. I'll save up for a membership at Costco and get it. Everyone says the meat is so good.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 12:04 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,979,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
Nothing is cheap at Central Market. I only go for bread or soup. Their prices are ridiculous. You should try Costco's meat... better than Central Market meat and ALOT cheaper. I remember paying $15 for one ribeye at CM and then paying $25 for three or four big ribeyes at Costco's and CC's was much better tasting. CM is a rip-off but good for some things like the "Miles of Chocolate"!
We mainly go for the cheese. Mr Chaka and the little miss are particular about their cheese (the LM is not even 2 but don't you dare give her 'yellow' cheese. She's already a cheese snob...)

Chocolate we buy in Switzerland. Brought back 10kg on the last trip.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:47 PM

10,033 posts, read 5,667,346 times
Just to say as an ex Houston resident, I have bought leg of lamb at Wholefoods, and it wasn't cheap though good.

When I wanted lamb neck filet I tracked down a Lebanese shop who sold it. They had Mexican butchers and my Spanish wasn't great especially on butchering terminology!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:54 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,313,076 times
I just got back from the Commisary on base and saw some lamb there. It wasn't cheap, but just thought I'd pass it along!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio