Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:08 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman View Post
Is this it? Ohana Hawaiian BBQ
I googled that place yesterday, but it doesn't look like they show any SA, or even Texas for that matter, locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 08:18 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I keep praying that an L & L Drive Inn will venture down this way now that they have made it to the mainland and seem to be branching out from the West coast.
I agree! I LOVED that place when I was living in Cali. If this new place is kinda sorta like L & L then game on! I love their mac salad...it is da bomb! Oh, and their short ribs...and...and...and... I saw they have a location here in TX, but its a little bit too far of a drive...unless we are thinking road trip???

Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,587 times
Quote:
It is also Hawaiian for "family"
Cool - I'll have to add that to my lexicon!

Now if only I could find a way to work it into a conversation so I'll remember it......

Old 06-01-2008, 10:19 PM

127 posts, read 494,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddys2 View Post
I drove by Ohana today definitely not open. There is also a sign for Subway up. The only place open was a nail salon.
\

The bar in that shopping center, Boston Pub, has been opned for over a month now.

WOAI did a story on Boston Pub, as they are the first local bar to offer some sort of breathalyzer test at their bars for $7.

Also, they give free, non-alcoholic beer to designated drivers there.

Old 06-02-2008, 03:39 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
I agree! I LOVED that place when I was living in Cali. If this new place is kinda sorta like L & L then game on! I love their mac salad...it is da bomb! Oh, and their short ribs...and...and...and... I saw they have a location here in TX, but its a little bit too far of a drive...unless we are thinking road trip???

WHERE IN TEXAS????? Road trip for SURE!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 03:42 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Now THAT IS A FRANCHISE WE SHOULD ALL PITCH IN AND BUY!!!

That place would knock socks off here in SA!!!!!

How about it guys...we start a CDF L&L Drive Inn???

It is "BROKE DA MOUTH" food for sure...and NOT reliant on just those that grew up in Hawaii...ANYONE that has ever had it just LOVES it! (Mac salad for you Jules...or we might make a meat eater of you again yet if you tried this stuff!!!)

Old 06-02-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:

WHERE IN TEXAS????? Road trip for SURE!!!
Lewisville, TX...a mere 300 miles from my zip code!

Old 06-02-2008, 06:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
ha ha, I was trying to look at that shopping center while I was driving down 1604 yesterday, but my daughter kept yelling at me to turn back around and look at the road... kids..

Old 06-02-2008, 06:37 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Lewisville, TX...a mere 300 miles from my zip code!
So, you're driving! Where can we leave our cars and get into yours?

Road trips are fun! We'd all pitch in for gas, but then how would we eat?

Has anyone figured this place out yet?

Old 06-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
So, you're driving! Where can we leave our cars and get into yours?

Road trips are fun! We'd all pitch in for gas, but then how would we eat?

Has anyone figured this place out yet?
Plenty of room on my street! And we can do the planning meeting during Jules' pool party. Bring DVDs as the lucky 3 in the back can watch movies on our road trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio