U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:48 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,734,826 times

Advertisements

PAKA!!!! What are you doing up???!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Woke up, nose all stuffy...but going back to bed soon...just waiting for my allergy med to kick in so I don't wake DH up sneezing!

I know, TMI....but you asked!!! What time do YOU go to bed????

Dang youngins!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,734,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Woke up, nose all stuffy...but going back to bed soon...just waiting for my allergy med to kick in so I don't wake DH up sneezing!

I know, TMI....but you asked!!! What time do YOU go to bed????

Dang youngins!
Was just headin' in there when I noticed that you posted. Didn't get the 'puter till late, so been up chatting with the kids in the OT thread.

So, to keep it on topic ~ we gotta have a M&G when this place opens!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:53 PM

You know it...sounds like fun!!!!

Sweet dreams!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:00 PM

656 posts, read 1,682,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POI DOG View Post
Went yeaterday, not open yet but when it is I will be eating my Linguica and Eggs for breakfast, my Lau Lau for lunch, and my Kalua Pig, Lomi and Poi over there for dinner. I am so Ono I am ready to camp out at their door!
Aloha Kitchen (http://www.alohasanantonio.com/id22.html - broken link)

They are mostly a catering and flowers outfit, but they do restaurant service on Fridays (Listed along the left side of the above link, below the pig platter) and a once a month Luau with entertainment and food.

I've never eaten there, but we used them for our wedding flowers, pretty nice family runs the place. Very low key and casual.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty12 View Post
Aloha Kitchen (http://www.alohasanantonio.com/id22.html - broken link)

They are mostly a catering and flowers outfit, but they do restaurant service on Fridays (Listed along the left side of the above link, below the pig platter) and a once a month Luau with entertainment and food.

I've never eaten there, but we used them for our wedding flowers, pretty nice family runs the place. Very low key and casual.
Yea, they throw a luau every once and awhile and do a very nice job...and we have had their catering as well...great job...just can't get to that side of town on Friday for lunch... They are great people, made us wonderful leis for our kiddos graduations here stateside.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:32 PM

12 posts, read 41,449 times
can hardly wait til august, thanks for the info 4141

Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 AM

4 posts, read 14,210 times
Thumbs up Hawaiian Food

Just found out about small place opened by someone from Kaiua-----serving Hawaiian food in a rustic bar and grill setting. Located in Spring Branch out 281 at intersection of FM 311-----called "The Beach"-----phone 830-221-9080. Friends have said "food ONO."

Good to hear there are so many Kama'Aina's in the area.

Inviting any and all people interested in Hawaiian food and culture to check out The Hawaii Club of San Antonio------we meet monthly for food, fun, music------Frequently Jam Sessions with Ukulele and Hula.

Great for families too------dues only $15.00 per person per year, or $25.00 for the whole family. Mix of both Kama'Aina's and non-Hawaiians-----a great group of people that love the sounds, sights, culture, peoples and food of the Islands. There is a big Luau every year in October.

Check out the site: www.hawaiiclubofsanantonio.org------and (broken link) give Lou McCabe a call for membership.

Aloha Nui

Kimo

Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 AM

6 posts, read 15,991 times
ALOHA!! Just registered and wanted to let u-all know. Wanted to introduce but not on this whole big site just this Local Boy side. Me too waiting fo da Ohana Hawaiian Grill to open fo good food and to meet all da local folks who lives on da west side.

Been in SA since July 86. Got stationed at Kelly AFB, retired and now working at Southwest Foundation For Biomedical Research. Da housing was so cheap and da fishing is great so I been here ever since. Anyway, hala, see u all when da Ohana open. Bumby....ladat.....

Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 AM

5 posts, read 15,528 times
We went to The Beach a couple times, had spam musubi, beef teri skewers, plate lunch, kalua pig & cabbage, etc. Run by the nicest people! They are from Oahu. Hard workers, they are open 7 days a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio