U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:44 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,335,909 times

Advertisements

This is a variation of my Dad's recipe. My wife, her family, and her co-workers now beg me to make this for them (in fact, i have to host a cook out for her family this weekend using this recipe). Ironically, I am not a big bar-b-que guy and feel this simply tastes good. Every time I serve it, though, people always press my for the recipe. So here it is:

Get as much Wishbone Russian dressing as you can (this is harder than it sounds, HEB seems to have stopped carrying it, I can only find it at the wal-mart on De zavala), pour it all into a bowl. Throw in some Worschtire Sauce (I have no exact measurements, its really how you would judge the salt content, just enough to taste the saltiness) then throw in some tabascco (this should be less than the Worschtire Sauce). Then baste the chicken or ribs in the mixture, and put them in sandwich bags in the refridgerator for not less than 24 hours. Add more mixture to the bags as you see fit. Then grill them on an open flame. Char them and pour the remains of the mixture on them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,335,909 times
I forgot: add thickly crumbled black pepper to the mixture before you marinate the chicken. Obviously, pepper to taste. But make the pepper thick. It should feel good and hot when you eat it, like a culinary heaven or hell.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 AM

394 posts, read 1,375,477 times
The best marinade I've ever used (and this "secret" was shared with me by a friend who also, by the way, won 1st place at the Jack Daniels BBQ World Championship in 2008) is Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar dressing. I use it to marinade chicken breasts before grilling and also if you want you can add your favorite BBQ Sauce during the last part of the grilling. It makes your chicken tasty and VERY moist.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:46 AM

4,103 posts, read 6,055,758 times
Grilled seafood with various marinades. I heart grilled seafood and veggies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio