Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2008, 05:48 PM

20 posts, read 73,221 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to San Antonio in June. I have a wife and two kids (2 1/2 years and 8 months). Anyone know of some good long term hotels near Randolph AFB? We will be in the hotel for about a month or so as we work on buying a house. We want one that has a suite set-up where the bedroom closes off from the living area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 05:54 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Have you checked with billeting at Randolph to see how long (if at all) you can stay there??? Just a thought...I am not that familiar with the area, but know when we PCS'ed in from Japan we stayed at billeting at Lackland for 3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:06 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
I think the max for lodging is 30 days, and as long as space is available you can get one 30-day extension on top of that. At least that's what it was at Lackland when we moved here 4 years ago...had to get some papers signed by housing in order to do the extra 30 days but that's it. Here's the Services site for Randolph (the lodging link is toward the bottom of the page): Welcome to the 12th Services Divsion

Old 05-30-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
I think the max for lodging is 30 days, and as long as space is available you can get one 30-day extension on top of that. At least that's what it was at Lackland when we moved here 4 years ago...had to get some papers signed by housing in order to do the extra 30 days but that's it. Here's the Services site for Randolph (the lodging link is toward the bottom of the page): Welcome to the 12th Services Divsion

Thanks for the help! Billeting is all booked up. I'll give them a call and see if they can refer me to a place.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:21 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
I have no idea if how far the nearest one is to Randolph but have you looked into Staybridge suites? We lived in one by the airport for a month after we moved down here. Our room had a separate bedroom from the living area and a really nice full kitchen. They also had breakfast every day and a meet/greet with food once a week. They also have a fitness room and laundry. Good luck with your search.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
I have no idea if how far the nearest one is to Randolph but have you looked into Staybridge suites? We lived in one by the airport for a month after we moved down here. Our room had a separate bedroom from the living area and a really nice full kitchen. They also had breakfast every day and a meet/greet with food once a week. They also have a fitness room and laundry. Good luck with your search.
Thanks for the help. I'll check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio