Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:25 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,824,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
The squeeky wheel always gets the oil.
....or the bullet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM

222 posts, read 706,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
I know it is hard to keep your temper in check, many times my mad latino/country girl mix was dying to come out, . . . .
We could quite possibly be related!!!! Haha!
I've heard some people refer to me as the "corner biotch".
As long as I get SOME sort of recognition . . . . .

Old 06-03-2008, 06:43 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginHouseVibez View Post
We could quite possibly be related!!!! Haha!
I've heard some people refer to me as the "corner biotch".
As long as I get SOME sort of recognition . . . . .

Are those people still walking????

Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 PM

They are. . . . . . . for NOW.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:19 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
I'm 5'5" and to leave a note on the windsheild of that truck, I have to stand on my tippy toes and stretch as far as I can and raise my arms as high as I can and I still can barely barely grab onto the windsheild wiper to put a note (this vehichle blocks my view - paraphrasing).
Ever consider "forgetting" your filled specimen bottles in the lab bags on the hood of the truck as you leave the notes? I would certainly become more accomodating of you if I had to take that off my hood when I decided to leave.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:59 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginHouseVibez View Post
Because of some past problems we've had we installed a security camera in the front.
How much did it cost to get the camera installed?

Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 AM

The camera was a whopping 70 or 75 bucks at radio shack and to install it was just a matter of getting a cable long enough to reach from the camera to the front of the vcr connected to our tv (we eventually ran it to where you could no longer see it). i only record using the vcr because we have tons of extra (old) tapes and the dvd recorder is usually "in use" ;-). There's a way to run it through a dvr, too but I haven't been that adventurous. One day I'll figure that out. It wasn't as easy as it looked was all I remember. No plug and play if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah and if you have an "Entertainment Book" there's a 10 dollar off coupon for radio shack. . . . that makes it a 65 dollar camera! I think it came with the long wire too. . .

wayyyy too easy!

Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,479 times
I have been fighting my association for over ten years, when I purchased my place new. The rules clearly state that residents MUST use BOTH their garage spaces. This has never been enforced despite DOZEN of times I have documented the continual violations. The board "may" send a letter, but that's it. Nothing else has been done. Parking in this Irvine community is atrocious! There are three parking spaces right in front of my home that are always occupied by neighbors not using their garages for both their cars. In one case, they don't even use either space in the garage and park on the streets. This makes it almost impossible to have any place for guests or family to park. THREE times I held a Bible study at my home, and all three times, after a meeting or two, everyone decided to move someplace else because of the terrible parking situation. On the third attempt I even offered to shuttle people from parking down the street. It became too much of a hassle when people coming and leaving at different times. A couple of months ago I had friends coming over for a birthday dinner I was cooking. It was a rainy night and they called and it was decided we'd all meet somewhere else because they didn't want to find parking in the rain. So I boxed up all the food I cooked and went to someone elses house.

It would take be hours to write all the attempts (all of them without showing hostility) and have been blown off. One board member even said that he didn't care about parking because it didn't affect him.

I am thinking about suing the association and the property management company (they've been complacent in not enforcing the rules and giving bad advice to the board). I figure that I am being deprived of the normal use of my home and there is a value attached to that that. Im not allowed to enjoy my home with friends, relatives, or dinner parties simply because the board will not enforce the basic rules. And here's the kicker; they hired a guard company to patrol at night to tow vehicles that are in red zones or no parking zones. They decided to do this because this was a regular problem at night. Gee, DUH! You don't enforce the garage rules and then people have NO PLACE TO PARK.

I see that these posts were from a couple of years ago, but I would be interested if anyone has had any luck. THanks.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:02 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
If you stay on the backs of the HOA and let them know that you will not accept anything less but for them to enforce the rules as listed in the Covenants and Deed Restrictions, they will eventually have to file suit against the offending Homeowner.

Otherwise, file suit against the HOA for breach. They're there for you, not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio