U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,341,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
I understand that too. I'm not really homesick - I love what we've experienced in SA so far, but I really do miss my friends. It takes a lot of effort to make friends in a new place and, of course, it isn't instantaneous...so it just takes some time. In the meantime, I try to keep in touch with my old friends via phone and e-mail. I look forward to building some relationships here.

Although, not being military I know that this move for us is not temporary - we consider it permanent. In our case since we're still in an apartment and don't even have neighbors (we've found our apartment neighbors keep to themselves in spite of us saying hi how are you they barely look at us) + my DH is opening a new office for his company...he's an office of "one" right now - we don't have a lot of opportunity to interact with people....that makes it challenging sometimes, especially when you just "need someone to talk to"....so, if you meet folks new to the area it's great to try and reach out to make them feel welcome and perhaps "befriend them". For those who are born/raised San Antonians, think about it next time you meet someone who is new to the area. It has given me a whole new perspective. On the other hand I have found SA to be an EXTREMELY friendly place when out and about in the public! I'm still amazed at the service I've received all over the place!! Love it!
I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for the support!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
LOL!

Yes, there is a law. Like many other laws, some people choose to ignore it.
So, what's the punishment? I'm just curious! Must not be too bad if people choose to ignore it.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:43 PM

Can I suggest something and NOT start a big bruhaha? Doubtful, but I'll try. Can we stop or at least cut down on calling the newbies transplants? It makes me feel like an alien from another planet or something out of a sci fi movie! It certainly does not make me feel more welcome to an area and makes me feel like a visitor rather than someone who lives here. I've never been called a transplant before no matter where I've moved...funny. AGAIN...not starting anything...just stating something I've noticed and sort of bugs me! Thanks guys!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:27 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,340,699 times
you didn't start the argument at all and there really wasn't one, I just love that picture. This thread was originally pretty childish, but it's turned out to be pretty fun, so it's all good.
and I'm sure if the powers that be don't see the humor in that picture then it will be removed. I realize it's definitely not PC, but it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen and it's been around forever. I think the first place I saw it was in a newsgroup in the late 90's.
* the late 90's were forever ago in intraweb time

Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 PM

1,241 posts, read 3,899,209 times
That's not as bad as one I saw previously where they showed a drawing of Jesus holding his hands up in pain and the rest of 3 guys are next to the drawing finishing off the YMCA thing. Boy, those guys are really going to hell. Sorry to offend the athiests here.
Edit, but then again, I would of offended you if you don't believe in heaven, then there is no hell too.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,235,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasWeatherman View Post

Way to go on the subtle (or not so subtle) mockery. Most folks aren't connecting the dots with the other thread.
I think they did they just ignored it and carried on with the topic.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:39 AM

1,241 posts, read 3,899,209 times
what I meant was I wouldn't have offended you. I am sorry, I would have edited my last comment but I wanted to fix my comment.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:58 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,024,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
One of the things that's a waste of time to do in the SA FORUM, is to try to keep a thread on-topic. We have failed miserably, kids.

(it's definitely not the first time, and it won't be the last! that's why we pay the mods so well!)(we just have to keep Jules from getting us all into deep kimshee with the mods, though. She's bad, shhhhhh!!)
yeah, what was this thread about again??? I got lost about half way through the second page

Old 06-04-2008, 04:49 PM

260 posts, read 520,266 times
It's about the weather,transplants and driving.
P.S. I agree with mojokitty. We shouldn't call people Transplants!

Old 06-04-2008, 05:45 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,340,699 times
trash like this: Confessed Hit Man Admits To Another Shooting, Torture | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News is a waste of time everywhere.. I'm sure his parents are real proud of the genius they brought into the world. If he was my kid I would put in for a very late term abortion..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio