Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,680 times

Advertisements

Again whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs1982 View Post
Nope. Just a better side of town, that's all.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 6,527 times
Default southside

I was born and raised in Alamo Heights. I live south of downtown and have lived deep on the southside as well. I have never experienced any crime but would like to knock out some of the kids who think grafitti is art. I will never move north of Durango as long as I live. The burbs are homogeneous, boring, and not indicative of San Antonio's wonderful history. The traffic up north is the nail in the coffin for me.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:40 PM

85 posts, read 308,247 times
"The burbs are homogeneous, boring, and not indicative of San Antonio's wonderful history."

So then, dodging bullets and 40+ year old men riding on ice cream bikes on the southside is more exciting? Hmmm... let me think... yeah, I'll take my chances on the "boring" north/ northwest sides of town.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:37 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,242,634 times
Man, talk about ignorance.

Cabs, don't insult the south side or the southeast side or the southwest side.

You don't dodge bullets, live that crap else where because its pure BS. I don't care if I get in trouble for saying that. Don't lie like that because its pure stereotypical propaganda.

I grew up on the south(east) side, in Highland Hills, in an area with 150,000 dollar homes built in the late 60s early 70s. 80% of people that lived within a half mile radius of my house were middle aged white. Very safe area, in the 21 years I lived there our house nor anyone on our street were ever victims of crime, I guess its hard to believe for a northsider but its true, I could care less if you believe me.

True story, my friend Ryan moved to the northwest side (near Culebra outside of 410) and within two weeks had his ninja stolen. He moved back to the south(east) after his lease was up. Don't care if you believe me or not. But guess what, I'm not going to stereotype the northwest side just because he had his ninja stolen.

It's so goddamn stupid to pit sides of town against one another, so damn stupid. I was at Pat O'Briens this weekend with some relatives from Dallas. One of told me he heard a lot of people going back and fourth about the sides of town they were one yelling north side then the other party yelling south side. He didn't tell me right away about the back and fourth"reppin'" yell fest until a little bit later when he heard another group in another area of Pat O'Briens yell something about being from the "west side." That's when he told me and then he said "They don't do that in Dallas." I'm not sure if he meant that as a good thing or a bad thing. I'm not sure if he took it as a pride thing or just stupidity. I however took it as just lame.

Thinking you're better than one side of town is so goddamn provincial. Grow up.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:23 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,680 times
Thank you 210,
I also grew up in the highland hills area too (E. Palfrey) and never saw bullets flying by...my husband and I live near Fair Ave. and have NEVER seen bullets flying by over here either. So I don't know where cabs1982 is getting that info from.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Well, 210... Been to the southside (Military Dr area), went into Walgreens for about 5 minutes, and when I came out... my stereo had been ripped completely out (the whole damn thing). Had an accident down there, too. Yep. And guess who was at fault? Give you a hint: NOT ME. Appently, a pile of thugs had a little too much to drink that night and ditched me at the scene of the accident(beer cans were found in the car by the police). I've not had very good experiences with the southside. I've NEVER had any trouble on the north or northwest sides. A simple solution to all of this...
Watch the news for a few weeks and compare. Every damn day there are reports of shootings, rapes, etc. coming from the southside of town. What about that 19 year old woman who killed her two babies? SOUTHSIDE. And, by-the-way, that report made it all the way to CNN. Yeah, that's right.So, get mad all you want. The facts are what they are. You can like the southside and I can hate it... And GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR THAT.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Well, 210... Been to the southside (Military Dr area), went into Walgreens for about 5 minutes, and when I came out... my stereo had been ripped completely out (the whole damn thing). Had an accident down there, too. Yep. And guess who was at fault? Give you a hint: NOT ME. Appently, a pile of thugs had a little too much to drink that night and ditched me at the scene of the accident(beer cans were found in the car by the police).
So where does the bullet dodging come into place.

And you base your incredulous generalization on two past experiances? I lived on the southeast side for 21 years, been on Miltary Dr. hundreds of times. Been to several of the Walgreens on Military Dr. I still go to Military Dr. now. O was just at a big family birthday party this past weekend (which is why I had relatives from Dallas in town) deep on the south side on Hutchins (look it up on mapquest) and the some of the cars in the parking lot included Lexus', BMW, Mercedes, Audi's, Jaguar and Saab. There were a couple of millionaires there (from SA).

Would you venture to guess how many were broken into? Vandelized? Zero.

And back to me, again, I lived on the south east side for 21 year been up and down Military Dr. hundreds of times, eaten many times at China Harbor been to Don Pedro's many times, the Sea Island off of 35 and Military. Would you like to guess how many times my parents cars have been broken into? Zero? My car, zero.

Quote:
I've not had very good experiences with the southside. I've NEVER had any trouble on the north or northwest sides.
And the opposite can be side from someone living on the east side or west side or south side about another part of the city.

Like my friend who had his Ninja stolen from him on the northwest side. I guess people should start moving.

Quote:
Watch the news for a few weeks and compare. Every damn day there are reports of shootings, rapes, etc. coming from the southside of town.
Nope. Go ahead and record the entire news from all four stations and post them here and you'll be proven wrong. I doubt you will so I advise you to just read SAPD reports and get the pictures.

Quote:
What about that 19 year old woman who killed her two babies? SOUTHSIDE.
Terrible story. But what about that has to do with YOUR safety. Or anyone elses? It's slightly sick of you to use that story to some how justifiy your generaling of the south side. And to get technical, that was the southwest side.

Quote:
And, by-the-way, that report made it all the way to CNN. Yeah, that's right.
I'm not surprised, that was a very sad thing.

Quote:
So, get mad all you want. The facts are what they are. You can like the southside and I can hate it... And GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR THAT.
You've presented no facts at all. When you come back and do, feel free to type that again.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM

I have presented facts. All things mentioned above are facts. I don't need to do research to know that the southside has more crime then that of the north... the news and my personal experiences have done enough. I am sure that if I had the time to reach the SAPD and they were willing to give out such information about our city over the phone(doubtful) just so that some random person could prove another person wrong, I would do just that and prove you wrong. And now I'm sure you'll do some "supposed" research on the matter where you'll make up a bunch of BS percentages from some off-the-wall website. Look, bottom line... it doesn't take much science to figure out which part of town is better. Let's put it this way... the rich don't live there (the southside) for a reason(s). And just so you know, that wasn't a stab at the population of poor in our city--knew I had to mention that because you'd somehow find a way to twist what I said.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
I have presented facts. All things mentioned above are facts. I don't need to do research to know that the southside has more crime then that of the north...
Really.

Quote:
the news and my personal experiences have done enough. I am sure that if I took the time to reach the SAPD and they were willing to give out such information about our city over the phone(doubtful) just so some random person could prove another person wrong,
They give out that information freely and without solicitation on the internet.

http://www.ci.sat.tx.us/sapd

Quote:
I would do just that and prove you wrong. And now I'm sure you'll do some "supposed" research on the matter where you'll make up a bunch of BS percentages from some off-the-wall website.
No need to. Not with a brother that works for the city and a computer that accesses the website I just listed.

Quote:
Look, bottom line... it doesn't take much science to figure out which part of town is better.
You're right, something that is established via ones personal opinion doesn't require science. Probably the only thing you've been correct about.

Quote:
Let's put it this way... the rich don't live there (the southside) for a reason(s). And just so you know, that wasn't a stab at the population of poor in our city--knew I had to mention that because you'd somehow find a way to twist what I said.
Well, rich people do live on the south side, a few, not many and of course not as many as the northside but they do. One of them is James Leija, Emilio Navaira, etc.

Second, describe your definition of rich. Seeing as how you have some crazy def. of Hills, I'm not too sure what you'd deem rich.

However, and now you're bringing up something else to defuse the fact that the original topic at hand was how safe the south side was. You saying you'd have to dodge bullets and so on.

What does being rich and being what side of town they live on have to do with anything other than silly bragging rights.

And finally I will just say I am through with this topic and dealing with you. This back and forth bickering is childish.

The end.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:25 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
This back and fourth bickering is childish.
I couldn't agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio