Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:50 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
Why am I the only one who doesn't know who this famous flipper is? I watch house flipping shows all the time.
You're not the only one.....I have no idea either! (But then, I am one of those people who probably wouldn't know even if the name were blurted out there!) But I also have a very short attention span for those walking on the planet who think they're better than the rest of us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 06:53 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
He is a scuzz...but maybe he needs to flip a few more before he goes to prision for a while to keep wifey happy while he is out of pocket.

After watching the jobs that he DOES, I don't think I would be wanting to buy something that he flipped...saw one where there was fire damage and he was spraying it with something...I don't know...

Old 06-04-2008, 07:04 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecovringKrspyKremeAddict View Post
You're not the only one.....I have no idea either! (But then, I am one of those people who probably wouldn't know even if the name were blurted out there!) But I also have a very short attention span for those walking on the planet who think they're better than the rest of us!
It seems we're all hesitant to post the actual name and I don't know if we need to be or not... So without saying the name of the specific show or the person in question... If you do an internet search for

flip san antonio

as your search, his name will come up.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:13 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,708 times
I got it. Thanks all. It just went over my head.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,732 times
Thanks Buffy! I did the search...and guess what? I REALLY did NOT know who this was! I am apparently not spending nearly enough time in front of the TV! Hmmmm!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,555,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Entirely possible.

If ANYONE will just remove the faux brick siding, they'll be my hero. LOL. That house could be such a charmer... so I'm crossing my fingers regardless of who bought it. It has been badly "remuddled" like everything else around here. Blech. Maybe someone will give it back a little dignity?

I'm an old-house purist though... and realize I'm usually in the minority!
I'm an old house purist too. Good thing since we have fairly strict guidelines about what we can do with the exterior of our house in this historic district.

I have a vague idea of the show you're referring to, though I've never seen it so I could be wrong on my assumptions. However, I have a rather not-so-positive opinion of flippers in general. It's rare that they do a good job on a house, tending more to cut corners and do cosmetic things, and if you look a bit under thr surface leaves a lot to be desired. I also don't like them because I don't think they contribute much to the community in that they are rarely a part of the community, contributing in a real way by becoming active and participating in community events. It's usually all about making the $$. I know some will argue that fixing up a house helps the community, but what really helps are bringing people in who are committed to restoring the community. Flippers rarely do that.

But maybe I'm wrong and it'll help your area. I've just seen all the 'flipper houses in my 'hood sit on the market forever, because few people are willing to pay top dollar for shoddy work. The result is a bunch of vacant properties. I'd rather have some somewhat lower income folks buy the houses and take their time lovingly restoring them, while becoming part of the community.

I'd be thrilled if This Old House came to our 'hood though

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Well, you know, about that lumber company used to be in San Antonio, Montelongo lumber, one of the best suppliers Ive ever bought from.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:53 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
And yes, the Flipper, ya'll are referring to, is about as low as whale crap on the bottom of the ocean. He has several lawsuits in Austin for not paying subs, and other such civil claims pending. Do some internet searches if you care to waste your time. It really aint worth it. I would worry if they were in my neighborhood. He trapped a rottweiler in a house once and hurt some people. Also was very cruel to the dog, he forgot it was in there. Not to smart, real show offy, typical for that type, more show than anything else. So beware of everything you have out of doors, and in the streets. They dont care bout nuttin but their profit.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
There are also accusations of staging the flips, and subsequent sales...

...the episode regarding the house on Bobwhite especially...

Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,338 times
Apparently I haven't read the rules (so I'm going to do that for sure) but why would it be a big deal to post the guy's name? He is a well known flipper with a national TV audience. Would we not mention specific Spurs names or the desperate housewife of a Spur's name? I have seen threads about specific TV station people (Ricci Ware, a weather person's breasts etc etc), so why not mention Armando Montelongo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio