U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 07:17 AM

21 posts, read 82,522 times

Advertisements

Every Friday Night,,All kind's of cars,,, mostly Muscle car's,, Chapman's Chicken 1/4 to 1/2 a mile South of I-10
on W.W. White road on right,,,,,,,,,
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 03:25 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,186,639 times
The largest current car/cruise night is every Friday at is Biff Buzby's off. It is a good mix of old rod and customs, 60/70 muscle to current Corvettes. Very low tuner and biker turnout. THe only problem is the parking lot is very small, it gets filled up quickly, and lots of "non-show" cars just park right in the middle of the show cars...which is annoying to me, and disrespectful to the car show scene.

The best place was the old Kroeger parking lot off of Austin Hwy(current day Spectrum health club. But it stopped about 5 years ago. Huge parking lot, great scene. I really miss those nights.

I really wish some place with a huge parking lot would sponser a Friday night car night.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:25 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,016,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackitout View Post
i got an 02 red mustang gt, cant catch me! lol
I can... for startes I got a Honda accord for a beater car Moderator cut: comment i had a H22A engine on it and that thing was quick, after i blew the motor i went back to stock with a beefed up block ported head, lobier camshaft, springs and rocker arms, then 20lbs turbo at its peek it was giving me 250whp on 20lbs. now I dont know how much it gives me because its just beaten down, turbo is off, I sold it Moderator cut: comment for 1200 when I paid 100 bucks for it lol i can still run high 14's with that car lol

then a 2000 Trans Am, I am currenlty working on it, i got a few bolt ons on it at the San Antonio speed way during a hot day i do a 13.3 and 13.1 to 12.9 (if i get lucky) during a warm fall night. currently the plan for this one is an Iron Block with 4valve per cylender heads, a FI cam, springs, rods and rocker arms, and a twin turbo kit. then a ford 9inch rear end with some slicks. cant wait till its done.

i also got an 86 monte carlo SS but that one hast ran for a while

an 82 Fox Body mustang with a chevy 305 in it. (this car is in my grandmas house in mexico) i use it when i go over there.

and to top it off my money maker a Frieghtliner FLD with a Cummings N12 engine (swapped of course) everything is plasma coated so i know its going to last me a while mods include N14 cam, pistons, and plasma treated crank. two garret turbo chargers, intercooler, and a beefed up fuel pump with a compression ratio of 16.1 and 60lbs of turbo (30 on each TC) I get about 700 HP to the wheels and 2700lbs of torque I love when I pass other trucks on the hills haluing 40 tons lol. i also got a 13 speed trans with 4.60 gears on it. burns alot of diesel though.

any way sorry to bragg about my rides guys, but i love talking about cars

a good hangout is San Antonio Raceway theres always something going down during the summer, especially on saturdays. you can take your car any day of the week to run it. the cover is 5-10 dollars if youre there to watch, or 15 or 20 now if you want to race. Racing requirements you car has to be in good contion, No leaks!, over 18, proof of insurance, if its your first time they make you sign a waiver. if your car is faster than 13.99 by NHRA Rules you have to have a helmet on if not your kicked out. if your car is faster than 10.99 you will need a roll cage. if not youre banned. the faster you are the more safety serious they become!.

Last edited by Bo; 09-03-2008 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: removed derogatory term

Old 06-08-2008, 10:00 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,164,026 times
Not cars, but the Texas Jeep Corps has a monthly social that it moves to a different location in town the second Friday of every month. This Friday (the 13th, ugh!) we'll be at Biff Buzby's Burgers as well. As you can see, we are a closeknit group and try not to take up a lot of room...

http://texasjeepcorps.org/images/zoo...e/img_7590.jpg

Cheers! M2

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-30-2008 at 01:48 PM..

Old 06-08-2008, 01:57 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,743,139 times
That's a really cool pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Not cars, but the Texas Jeep Corps has a monthly social that it moves to a different location in town the second Friday of every month. This Friday (the 13th, ugh!) we'll be at Biff Buzby's Burgers as well. As you can see, we are a closeknit group and try not to take up a lot of room...

http://texasjeepcorps.org/images/zoo...e/img_7590.jpg

Cheers! M2

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-30-2008 at 01:47 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 12:08 AM

504 posts, read 1,305,695 times
i hang out with a bunch of hotrods and ratrodders. they are having an awesome shop opening next weekend. Metal Werks Garage

Old 08-22-2008, 05:49 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,347,503 times
There's a gathering by the Fuddruckers off 410 south of Ingram, but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know the schedule, but I seem to run into it more than I want to. I personally think the police should hit up every person there and they could probably clear about half of the unsolved crimes in the city.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:00 AM

126 posts, read 379,477 times
Buzbys by far... don't waste your time going anywhere else....

Old 08-22-2008, 10:16 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,347,503 times
I try not to stereotype, but my wife wanted to get out of the parking lot as soon as possible and kept telling me to drive careful. We were in the Room Store and it wasn't there when we went in, but was in full force when we went out. I was disappointed (but not surprised) to see absolutely no cops there. They didn't appear very friendly and most of the cars there weren't anything special.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:40 PM

504 posts, read 1,305,695 times
its a good mix, we hang out there from time to time and its a very mixed crowd of lowriders, hotrods, ratrods, vw's, and minitrucks. cant say that out of the 5-6 times we have gone that we were afraid to be there. there has been no fights and no troubles, but its a nice and mixed crowd of cars and folks.

dont knock it til you try it, come out to an event with us and you might see it differently.

there is also the monthly friday cruise and shine in castroville. if you like the old school ammerican graffiti type of feeling then you should try that out.

the vw crowd also has good hangouts and you can try www.vosaclub.org to get their info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
There's a gathering by the Fuddruckers off 410 south of Ingram, but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know the schedule, but I seem to run into it more than I want to. I personally think the police should hit up every person there and they could probably clear about half of the unsolved crimes in the city.
why dont you check out the link i added above, you would fit right in. do you still have that bagged sled?
i also noticed you are a lincoln fan. pretty rare ride there man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Punch View Post
yep been there to, kinda wierd vibe there, not like the ones I used to go back at home in Hawaii where its more mellow.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ackview007.jpg

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-30-2008 at 12:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio