Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 10:49 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times

Advertisements

Are there any bars or other places you like to hang? I'm not talking meat market clubs. Sometimes when dh and I can have a night out we have a brain fart on what to do besides the same ole go out to dinner and a movie. Sometimes we would like to do something different but can't think of anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 AM

83 posts, read 358,846 times
Chango's (across from the Dominion) Changos Havana Club :: Welcome

Old 06-08-2008, 11:36 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,774,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Are there any bars or other places you like to hang? I'm not talking meat market clubs. Sometimes when dh and I can have a night out we have a brain fart on what to do besides the same ole go out to dinner and a movie. Sometimes we would like to do something different but can't think of anything else.

Older people????

I don't see any older people around here.... what constitutes older?; I'll try to get back to you on that...

wait, what was the question again???

Old 06-08-2008, 11:42 AM

I guess 25+? Is what I consider an older crowd. I'm not saying 25 is old by any means but If I end up in a bar I don't want to be the oldest one there. KWIM? And I prefer not to be in a singles type environment. Those days are long gone

Old 06-08-2008, 12:55 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I guess 25+? Is what I consider an older crowd. I'm not saying 25 is old by any means but If I end up in a bar I don't want to be the oldest one there. KWIM? And I prefer not to be in a singles type environment. Those days are long gone
DANG POP'S...IF 25++ constitutes OLDER...we are ANCIENT! LOL

That is ok...would not change places with anyone at this point in my life...it is all SO darn good!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:10 PM

604 posts, read 1,530,091 times
There is a place called Boggies (not sure of the spelling) at Callaghan and 410, it is for 25 yrs and over and they have a dress code, they play all the "old school" type of music. It was blast for me and my sisters and our husbands, we hardly stopped dancing, everytime we sat- they played another song that brough back memories and we had to hit the floor again!

Old 06-08-2008, 01:17 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,155 times
yes, i have frequented Bogie's on numerous occasions --- it was very fun --- but i LOVE to dance --- they do play good music! --- however it was rather meat marketish --- always the same men hoovering around waiting to pounce --- when i went with my husband it was really fun but when i went with just my girlfriends, ugh...

Old 06-08-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
DANG POP'S...IF 25++ constitutes OLDER...we are ANCIENT! LOL

That is ok...would not change places with anyone at this point in my life...it is all SO darn good!
I'm not saying saying anyone is ancient. I just don't want to be somewhere where it's only 18-21 year olds.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:52 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
yes, i have frequented Bogie's on numerous occasions --- it was very fun --- but i LOVE to dance --- they do play good music! --- however it was rather meat marketish --- always the same men hoovering around waiting to pounce --- when i went with my husband it was really fun but when i went with just my girlfriends, ugh...

It really was a meat market before, when it was Giorgio's....before it became Bogey's (sp?).

It was a gentlemen's club. I always wondered what Bogey's was like, I haven't been...sounds like a good place to take the wife! What type of music? Similar to Polly's downtown?

Old 06-08-2008, 02:38 PM

759 posts, read 3,688,652 times
My husband and I are 30 & 29... we have enjoyed Stonewerks (on Blanco.) He has been to Lion & Rose a few times and liked it as well. Eekk- my brain is freezing up on me, but when I come up w/ more I'll let you know. We mainly like to go to dinner and sometimes move to the bar to enjoy a last cocktail or glass of wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio