U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 AM

2,397 posts, read 5,842,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Samantha is by far my favourite character. The other 3 I just want to punch out sometimes.
All along, I thought it was just me! *lol*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 AM

413 posts, read 1,271,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
All along, I thought it was just me! *lol*

Never!! You know I want to be a Samantha too!! LOL. I love her. My boyfriend thinks Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse. He think Kim Cantrell just has that cougar look, which works for her so well. I like Sex and the City, but it's not exactly the most realistic, but then again the show was created by a man, so it's not like they know everything women feel.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:34 PM

2,397 posts, read 5,842,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
Never!! You know I want to be a Samantha too!! LOL. I love her. My boyfriend thinks Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a horse. He think Kim Cantrell just has that cougar look, which works for her so well. I like Sex and the City, but it's not exactly the most realistic, but then again the show was created by a man, so it's not like they know everything women feel.
You CANNOT be Samantha...I'M Samantha! I would have to agree with your bf's assessment. SJP sometimes looks like she should be strapping on a feedbag.

Created by a man true, but based on Candace Bushnell's book and articles. I did find some truths, albeit exaggerated sometimes.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 PM

64 posts, read 283,949 times
Every SATC Girl knows that the place to be is Nordstrom (for great SHOES), and anywhere where the atmosphere is great.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:29 PM

413 posts, read 1,271,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
You CANNOT be Samantha...I'M Samantha! I would have to agree with your bf's assessment. SJP sometimes looks like she should be strapping on a feedbag.

Created by a man true, but based on Candace Bushnell's book and articles. I did find some truths, albeit exaggerated sometimes.
Ya I know about Candace Bushnell's books, but still...I'm just saying. don't want to get into it too much. But I will agree with you, I found some truths, just some of them exaggerated.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:37 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
I am the worst girl on the planet. I've never watched a single episode of this or Desperate Housewives. yeah, I know. I'll turn in my girl card now.

I'm more into My Boys.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:42 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,090,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I am the worst girl on the planet. I've never watched a single episode of this or Desperate Housewives. yeah, I know. I'll turn in my girl card now.

I'm more into My Boys.
I've never seen either show, not once, so it's not just you.

Then again I'm more of an L-Word girl in all ways that you can interpret that...

I'm also one of "those" people who are forever behind whatever the most hip new show is. I have never watched "Lost", American Idol, or any of those vote-people-off-the-island shows. Ever.

I don't watch much TV at all but when I do/did I like The Tudors, LOVED "Dead Like Me" before it was cancelled, was a big X-Files freak, used to watch QAF, Weeds, Californication, and for a while I was into "Army Wives" on Lifetime. Oh and the Simpsons. LOL.

I have a tendency to forget about shows when the season ends then not remember to start again when the season starts back up.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post

LOVED "Dead Like Me" before it was cancelled,
I have season one on DVD--this show was amazing!! I had a total crush on Georgia. I'm not an "L" but she is a doll. I was so disappointed that show got axed.

*moist*
*giggle*

Old 06-12-2008, 06:36 PM

2,745 posts, read 13,090,552 times
I have all seasons on DVD... my GF got them for me for Christmas. My kids tell me that I remind them of her, especially in he Happy Time job. LOL.

They always cancel the BEST shows!!

One thing we never understood though... what was with her "after-death" look? Ick. I remember some reference being made to it by Georgia... the face that others saw when they looked at her was scary!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Yeah, thankfully you don't have to see that very often--but Georgia as Georgia is just freakin' adorable. You know in real life she's a genius? Totally smart girl....I seriously had a girl crush on her. She's tied with drew barrymore, in my book.

Anyway, people have asked me to go to the Sex movie, and I'm always sick that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or