U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:29 AM

5,615 posts, read 12,803,696 times

Advertisements

I doubt it's eco-related. From moving down the street trying to shoot at things, the bigger windows in SUVs and minivans are a lot easier to hit. And the angle is much better than, say, the big window at the rear of a hatchback would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:30 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times
I just did the math and called them tree huggers. Could be wrong, but it seems pretty clear.. only other reason for attacking those types of vehicles is they have a big rear window. I believe the EN article today speculated it could be ecoterrorism related, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
As far as the Castle Doctrine, I'm no expert, but from what I've read I think it would be legal to protect your property and hopefully someone gets to try it out. I'm all for expanding that law as far out as it'll go...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 PM

152 posts, read 365,472 times
It could be:

1. Treehuggers. Altough a treehugger could devise better ways to impact, and protest, the high gas prices and the case for global warming. Going in to detail is not necessary, but breaking windows is a pretty lame action in the EarthFirst mindset.

2. Kids that are out of school. Seems more logical. The case was made that the SUV windows are easier to hit, which makes since. Also being in conjuction with the end of the school year makes me wonder. Kids can get pretty restless in the summers if they feel they have nothing better to do.

I suppose there could be lots of groups, or individuals, that could be suspect of this. We'll just have to leave it up to the cops. That's what our taxes are paying for.

Hopefully though no one would actually shoot someone if they found the person in the act. Causing temporary troubles and hardships for people is one thing. Shoooting to kill that person is on an entirely different level.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:19 PM

14,616 posts, read 31,159,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyd78 View Post
Hopefully though no one would actually shoot someone if they found the person in the act. Causing temporary troubles and hardships for people is one thing. Shoooting to kill that person is on an entirely different level.
Yeah, hopefully, but with the Castle Doctrine becoming more enticing to home and property owners, I seriously think some of these perps may get more than they bargained for.

People are fed up.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:22 PM

122 posts, read 478,572 times
Quote:
If you look at it as simply as someone broke into my car so I killed them, you're right, that does seem very wrong. But at the same time, imagine walking outside at the same time that someone is on your property in or around your car. For a woman at least, that would be a very scary occurrence. If I happened to have a gun, which I don't, I would be inclined to shoot in some direction simply because I would be so scared. I don't think my intention would ever be to kill them, just to scare them. At the same time, if you have the balls to go on someone else's property then you should be prepared to meet whatever they have waiting for you.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:28 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,732,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah, hopefully, but with the Castle Doctrine becoming more enticing to home and property owners, I seriously think some of these perps may get more than they bargained for.

People are fed up.
Yes!! Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisco34 View Post
If you look at it as simply as someone broke into my car so I killed them, you're right, that does seem very wrong. But at the same time, imagine walking outside at the same time that someone is on your property in or around your car. For a woman at least, that would be a very scary occurrence. If I happened to have a gun, which I don't, I would be inclined to shoot in some direction simply because I would be so scared. I don't think my intention would ever be to kill them, just to scare them. At the same time, if you have the balls to go on someone else's property then you should be prepared to meet whatever they have waiting for you.
That's how I see it too. What if one of those frozen paintballs miss, and hit one of my kids? Or glass shatters everywhere and someone gets hurt? I uphold my right to defend my property and family, even against idiot kids with too much time on their hands.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:30 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,306,140 times
we had this discussion at work last night and it got pretty heated.. these are not simply bored kids, if they were they would've stopped at just a couple. these are some seriously sick individuals that obviously need a LOT to get their satisfaction. This may be the beginning, but I seriously doubt it will be the end and that's why I wouldn't mind it being the end of them. Far better a couple of bored teens gone than 10-15 students in a school, half of an office, or worse..
and if it's the tree huggers, I wouldn't mind the whole lot of them gone. clueless little freaks that need a real job...

Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post

People are fed up.

Great. You shoot. You may kill. You may not. What has that accomplished? Maybe you would re-think that move when the person you missed comes back at a later time firing at you, or your family, because he/she is pissed. You could get lucky though, and not miss. Then all you have to worry about is the persons family and/or friends coming back and finishing off any remaining "business" that needs tending too.

It's one thing for the person to be aiming at you - trying to harm you. Then it is clearly self defense. It is different when the aiming is done at a vehicle, which more than likely has no one in it.

I myself won't post in regards this topic anymore, but feel free to reply if you must. The discussion started to lean towards another issue all together. I apologize.

I'd be pissed too if people shot out my windows.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post

and if it's the tree huggers, I wouldn't mind the whole lot of them gone. clueless little freaks that need a real job...
It may not be treehuggers, but I'm glad to see that the treehuggers are making an impact on you.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:56 PM

14,616 posts, read 31,159,617 times
Quote:
Great. You shoot. You may kill. You may not. What has that accomplished? Maybe you would re-think that move when the person you missed comes back at a later time firing at you, or your family, because he/she is pissed. You could get lucky though, and not miss. Then all you have to worry about is the persons family and/or friends coming back and finishing off any remaining "business" that needs tending too.

It's one thing for the person to be aiming at you - trying to harm you. Then it is clearly self defense. It is different when the aiming is done at a vehicle, which more than likely has no one in it.

I myself won't post in regards this topic anymore, but feel free to reply if you must. The discussion started to lean towards another issue all together. I apologize.

I'd be pissed too if people shot out my windows.
Chill out. I don't even own a gun. I merely stated that people are fed up and these guys may find themselves on the scary end of a glock. And that's more and more likely to happen. Because, as I mentioned, people are fed up. People with guns are even more fed up. Don't play with fire, and you probably won't get burned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio