Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

not sure if this will expedite your getting around to it, but I think I'm not the only one that marks an extra notch in the hot column for women that can shoot.. I've tried to talk my wife into it and even told her I find it attractive, but she's totally against them. For some reason she thinks I'll shoot somebody or something like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 05:49 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
you should report them and most of us Westcreek residents would appreciate it. A few bad apples have a negative impact on the place.

i called the sheriff on them last august. their parents got cited

Old 06-12-2008, 05:52 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
not sure if this will expedite your getting around to it, but I think I'm not the only one that marks an extra notch in the hot column for women that can shoot..
Duly noted, and I'm putting it at the top of the to-do list. I need whatever help I can get in the hotness arena.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
The vandals, if that loose euphemistic term is even worth using, should be caught, and made to pay all the damages. Our individual insurance rates go up. We all have to pay for this crap.You ask anyone that had damages. They probably filed a claim. Next year, rates will go up, that zip code, or that person. Not fair for a victim to have to pay more because of some bored individuals that are just wasting time and out being bored. When I was a kid, we was bored, we got a job. did something productive, not destructive. Who is raising these kids these days to do this. My children come to me and say they're bored. They get put to doing something constructive. They find plenty of good honest things to do, and it don't involve destroying other's property. Too bad that these low-life punks think nothing more of themselves then to lower there standard of life to being a trasher. I hope that they are caught, in the act, and that their parents, all of them, are brought in to being responsible for repaying all the damages.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:08 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I think this city needs quite a few more parents like you sinsativ.. Most kids don't have any fear in them like they did when I was growing up. We talked about that at work last night too. All of us remember having teachers we feared and we also remember the actual punishments we would receive if we did misbehave. Then there were the punishments our parents would dish out after we got home... a lot of the brats these days don't have any fear in them and parents need to fix that.. My kids always knew there was a limit and when that line was crossed it was going to hurt bad..
keep up the good work and feel free to teach some of your neighbors

Old 06-12-2008, 06:20 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Thanks! We are going to get one, eventually. I don't really even know what the holdup is (no pun intended!). I just need to take the safety class so I feel more comfortable with it in the house.

I love Ron White, too.......just not the death penalty. Sorry but that's for a different thread. But Ron makes me laugh--I just wish he'd get some new material!! And he sounds terrible lately--too much smoking! I guess he's really OK with them slicing off the back-end years......where you are in a hospital bed, peeing on yourself, not even knowing your own name.
Just got a letter from Rob in USMC Bootcamp yesterday, and PROUD to say the boy earned an EXPERT Marksman Badge with his M16A2!!!

A chip off the old block for anyone thinking about messing around this house! I may not own an M16, but his momma & daddy taught him everything he knows!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:38 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Just got a letter from Rob in USMC Bootcamp yesterday, and PROUD to say the boy earned an EXPERT Marksman Badge with his M16A2!!!

A chip off the old block for anyone thinking about messing around this house! I may not own an M16, but his momma & daddy taught him everything he knows!!!
Cuz you're one hot momma--just ask rd....

Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Cuz you're one hot momma--just ask rd....
Hey, that is one HOT, PROUD Grandma!!!! LOL

Old 06-12-2008, 07:05 PM

778 posts, read 2,502,481 times
Great googly moogly! My blood pressure just shot up reading through this thread.

I've made my views on vandalism (specifically taggers) pretty clear in previous threads of this type. Many of the ideas suggested here have merit and are worth a try. For instance, forcing the parents to pay. Yes, that will get the attention of some parents. If the parents have money, they will gladly pay just to be rid of the "situation". But in some cases, the parents simply won't have the money to pay. (I say this making no assertions about the economic level of the people involved).

Here is the deal - once again, a group of people; either ecoterrorists or gang members or simply bored teens, have committed multiple crimes that on an individual basis are not so significant compared to murder. So some folks are quick to dismiss the severity of the situation.

Experience tells us two things: Either one of the perps is going to be taken out by a fed-up homeowner or the perps will get away and move on to other sub-divisions and more vandalism. I'd prefer that every one of them be shot while in the act of doing it. I know, it sounds harsh.

About ten years ago, this was going on when we lived over near Lackland. I woke up one morning to find my rear window on my van shattered - just like 10 other folks up and down the street. Guess what, my insurance deductible was more than the cost of the new window. Not a week later (with the blue tape still on the window around the edges) it happened again. Guess what, the price of the window didn't cost any less the second time around.

Now if you live in some ritzy place or can afford an unexpected extra $500 in a single pay period, good for you. That was over ten years ago - imagine these folks now who are dealing with unexpected gas prices and increased CPS bills.

All for a little prank? I'm sorry, but I have to call BS.

Egging a school rival's house is a prank. Ringing a doorbell and running is a prank. Busting out the windshields of 100 vehicles is a "get shot" offense.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
dude, if the parents pay then the kids grow up with the assumption that their parents will get them out of anything. I am all for defending my son/daughter but if they do something wrong they need to suffer the consequenses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio