U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 PM

778 posts, read 2,223,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
dude, if the parents pay then the kids grow up with the assumption that their parents will get them out of anything. I am all for defending my son/daughter but if they do something wrong they need to suffer the consequenses.
I'm with ya on that. I was just being polite to the people who suggested we should make the parents pay, before insisting that we shoot them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 07:23 PM

122 posts, read 479,072 times
My blood is boiling more and more also. It infuriates me!!!!!!! I am only a few miles down from the vandalized neighborhoods, and if these people have any brains they are not going to go to the same neighborhoods. I go to bed every night worried about what might happen to my vehicles. My husband's truck has been broken into twice, once at El Chapparal in Helotes and once at the fire station he used to be at, and if one more thing happens I will be FURIOUS! I absolutely can not continue to keep paying the $500 deductible to fix things. We work so hard for what we have, it is not up for getting ruined by STUPID IGNORANT SELFISH people. Old, young, bored, tree hugger, I don't give a rats a$$, I WILL NOT tolerate having my own possessions or family members put in jeopardy. I guess I'll just do what I need to protect us. Okay, I'm done...for now.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:28 PM

14,628 posts, read 31,224,020 times
Don't worry, I'm sure one or more will be taken out the next time they decide to strike. I'm not advocating a death sentence, but if it happens, well, like I said, you play with fire you are going to get burned. Didn't we all learn that as kids?

We've already had a car broken into, twice--and it sucks. The second time is no easier. The sad thing is, if it's bangers, they are sort of like terrorists, in that they glorify death. They really don't seem to give a crap about life--theirs or others'. It's cool to them to die in a blaze of glory. Sick.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:49 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,352,187 times
so many great people in this thread. I was looking up vigilante in the dictionary to see what Webster's take on it was and I kinda liked what I saw.. vigilantisms - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
the police and the justice system really aren't all that effective and the rotten parenting that's so prevalent lately doesn't help anything either..

Old 06-12-2008, 08:24 PM

129 posts, read 301,077 times
I recommend lowering your comprehensive deductible to 250 or 100 if possible during the summer months, when high school is out.

I'm an insurance agent, but I have no reservations for Applebees..err, about shooting anyone who looks to take from my coffers without permission.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:14 PM

343 posts, read 1,177,386 times
A couple of years ago, maybe last year, the same thing was happening in the Stone Oak area. A co-worker's van was hit with a frozen paint ball.

Most assumed it was some punks from another neighborhood that were doing this. But to their surprise it was the kids from Stone Oak. They caught them and the paint balls and guns gave them away.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:39 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,359,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Thanks! We are going to get one, eventually. I don't really even know what the holdup is (no pun intended!). I just need to take the safety class so I feel more comfortable with it in the house.

I love Ron White, too.......just not the death penalty. Sorry but that's for a different thread. But Ron makes me laugh--I just wish he'd get some new material!! And he sounds terrible lately--too much smoking! I guess he's really OK with them slicing off the back-end years......where you are in a hospital bed, peeing on yourself, not even knowing your own name.
RE Ron White... oh yeaaaahhhhh, ticking time bomb and has been for many years already... grossly overweight, smokes like a chimney stack, and carries his booze with him ..... time bomb.....

Old 06-12-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Just got a letter from Rob in USMC Bootcamp yesterday, and PROUD to say the boy earned an EXPERT Marksman Badge with his M16A2!!!

A chip off the old block for anyone thinking about messing around this house! I may not own an M16, but his momma & daddy taught him everything he knows!!!
Funny, I was thinking of Rob today and intending to ask you what you've heard and how he's doing....
expert.... whooo hooooo...
you aren't surprised either, I'll bet.....

Old 06-12-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
I recommend lowering your comprehensive deductible to 250 or 100 if possible during the summer months, when high school is out.

I'm an insurance agent, but I have no reservations for Applebees..err, about shooting anyone who looks to take from my coffers without permission.
Oh yeah, somehow I'd had my comp deductible at $500, same as my collision... got two huge cracks in my windshield last spring (2007) and called and lowered the comp to $100....
My windshield replacement last year cost $460... yeeeesh...
This car's been paid off for some time, and some people think I'm foolish to still carry first party coverages, but because I buy decent cars (Toyotas and Hondas) I carry the coverages, drive them until they literally fall apart on the road, and purchase another 'previously owned' Honda or Toyota.... I'm all about letting someone else eat all that depreciation in the early times.....
Having been a claims adjuster for the last 20 years, I have seen too many people with damage that 'we' can't cover for them for one reason or another.....
Now, I have ANOTHER crack in the NEARLY NEW w/shield... I didn't see any other problems in other vehicles in the community, so I'm not sure it was vandalism.... It's cracked in exactly the same place, same direction, same shape as last time.... yeeeeeshhhh....

Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 PM

470 posts, read 1,792,673 times
I hope the vandals get caught and are held accountable. Must be horrible getting up in the morning all chipper and ready for a new day, only to find slashed tires and broken glass.

Hopefully, the recent surge in NW incidents is not any indication of a long term problem.

Common knowledge of SAPD's 200-300 man deficit doesn't help to discourage criminals. Bexar county sheriff's department has a lot of ground to cover, which results in really long response times. God bless these men and women who serve and protect, but it may not hurt for folks to consider educating, training, and arming themselves.

Best to have a plan, and/or the ability to defend yourself, family, and property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio