U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 04:22 PM

5,652 posts, read 8,280,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
Anyone familiar with Chankleta-Fu? This is the ancient art of slipper throwing. I swore my mom had a remote control on hers since her "one-shot, one-kill" precision was always something to fear whenever I made a run for it.
That was SOOOOO my dad!

That is ok...I grew up knowing that HE was in charge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
I spank. Flame me. I don't have to do it all the time and it's definately not first choice punishment but if they are being really out of control they get spanked.
I APPLAUDE you for being a proactive parent!! Tried to rep you, but have to spread it around!

Old 06-13-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
All I know is that if I hear the sound of glass shattering in the middle of the night, someone is gonna have a 12-gauge full of magnum 00-buckshot pointed at them and they had better 'assume the position!' Whereas I have no desire to shoot anyone, how am I suppose to know this is just some idiotic kids committing stupid pranks or someone trying to steal my car? Texas law gives me every right to protect myself, my family, and my property; and as far as I know, no one has ever been prosecuted in this great state for doing so using lethal force.

I do hope these morons are caught, not only to stop this from happening any more but for their own safety as well. And any parent of a teenager out there who doesn't know what their kid is doing--especially at night--should make an effort to find out!

Cheers! M2
And if they AINT going to straighten them out...if you don't want 10pm news exposure AND a hospital bill and lawyer fee, keep them out of Westcreek for goodness sake!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 07:26 PM

777 posts, read 1,545,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I had a third grade teacher that had the same accuracy, but with books. I was smart enough to never be on the receiving end, but I saw plent of them flying through the air and somehow always landing flat side againts the head of the intended target.
I had a tech school instructor who had a marksman ribbon in eraser throwing. Very good at getting one's attention.

For this vandalism situation, I think the shotgun is the right "attention getter"

Old 06-13-2008, 07:35 PM

13,805 posts, read 17,897,071 times
the sound alone might leave a nice brown spot on the underwear..

Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 PM

470 posts, read 1,367,572 times
Default Poor man's tazer.

For those who prefer a non-lethal method of protection, try filling up a Super Soaker with Pico-de-Gallo. Season those suckas!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM

3,060 posts, read 4,798,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
the sound alone might leave a nice brown spot on the underwear..

When I was in the market for one, the salesman told me that if the sound of the chambering didn't make then turn and run, they deserved to get shot! Great advice!

Old 06-13-2008, 09:53 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,301,348 times
The last sound someone vandalizing private property would hear would be: BOOM !!

I worked too hard for what I have and for those who would say "that's what insurance is for" they should be flogged. Do you know what happens when someone makes too many claims ??? 1. Your insurance goes WAY up or 2. You get cancelled. Not necessarily in that order.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:35 PM

3,823 posts, read 9,534,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
I hear ya.

I used to get the slow, phonetic pronunciation of first, middle, and last name. This was the original "shock and awe". IF this didn't work, I'd get introduced to the remote-controlled, GPS-guided chankla.
My Father used psychology on my brother and I when we fought. He would tell us to pack our bags as we're going to a Boy's Home. We would be crying and packing. After we were done and waiting to go, he would finally "relent" with a stern warning and tell us to unpack our bags...we got pretty good a packing a suitcase. Another time when I was switched from public school to Catholic school in 4th grade, I received a "U" in conduct for the 1st semester. I then had to write a daily journal of what I did in class and have the teacher sign it. Two good things came from this. One, I received an "E" in conduct the next semester and improved my writing skills that would pay off later in life!

BTW: My father is now 84! Happy Father's Day Dad and THANKS!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
My Father used psychology on my brother and I when we fought. He would tell us to pack our bags as we're going to a Boy's Home. We would be crying and packing. After we were done and waiting to go, he would finally "relent" with a stern warning and tell us to unpack our bags...we got pretty good a packing a suitcase. Another time when I was switched from public school to Catholic school in 4th grade, I received a "U" in conduct for the 1st semester. I then had to write a daily journal of what I did in class and have the teacher sign it. Two good things came from this. One, I received an "E" in conduct the next semester and improved my writing skills that would pay off later in life!

BTW: My father is now 84! Happy Father's Day Dad and THANKS!
Those WERE the days, right? When a parent was a PARENT, when you grew up KNOWING who was in charge, when what your parents did to you was FOR you, and legal...and most importantly, when we grew up knowing what was and was not allowed/tolerated/acceptable.

Now the kids call the shots, call the authorities if a teacher/parent dares to touch/question/correct them, and it all ends up in court being sorted out...I always laughed at how "lost this generation has become" came out of my dads mouth because we dressed in fringed leather, dressed and acted like Hippies and listened to Steppenwolf...but now I understand how each generation of parents look at the youth of today and think that!!!

WE HAVE BECOME OUR PARENTS!!! Thank GOD our parents were someone we admire and are pleased to have become!!!! Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's (mine has been gone since 1975, so if your Dad is still alive, PLEASE give him an extra hug tomorrow for those of us who's dads are not here to give a hug to!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio