U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,007,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
niiice i might have to look into that

you dont really need it the valentine 1 is perfect, I actually had the jammer before the valentine one. so it doesnt hurt to have extra protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 PM

155 posts, read 329,241 times
FYI to readers...Radar jammers are illegal. Not being judgmental; just warning others who may be interested. Folk's time must not be valuable if they brag about having to go to court to get a ticket dismissed. I mean, jury duty is bad enough, but at least there is a public service element to jury duty. But to miss work/family time to defend yourself against a charge from a peace officer? I've got better things to do.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:10 PM

898 posts, read 2,272,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasWeatherman View Post
FYI to readers...Radar jammers are illegal. Not being judgmental; just warning others who may be interested. Folk's time must not be valuable if they brag about having to go to court to get a ticket dismissed. I mean, jury duty is bad enough, but at least there is a public service element to jury duty. But to miss work/family time to defend yourself against a charge from a peace officer? I've got better things to do.
Well technically blocking radar is illegal, just possessing a radar jammer is not. However, it is a federal offense to change traffic lights so I'd advise against that.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 PM

4,081 posts, read 6,085,749 times
If you get caught using a MIRT (red light changer) this is what you can look forward to:

Traffic Hackers Hit Red Light

Old 06-13-2008, 11:43 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,999 times
It's about time the cops patrolled that roadway... I live out near Canyon Springs and it's ridiculous that people are driving nearly 55-60mph down Canyon Golf Rd.

I say keep the tickets coming. Maybe it'll slow down some of those Stone Oak'ers who feel that driving their tacky Hummer will keep them somehow safer...

BN

Old 06-14-2008, 12:25 AM

796 posts, read 2,758,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
It's about time the cops patrolled that roadway... I live out near Canyon Springs and it's ridiculous that people are driving nearly 55-60mph down Canyon Golf Rd.

I say keep the tickets coming. Maybe it'll slow down some of those Stone Oak'ers who feel that driving their tacky Hummer will keep them somehow safer...

BN
I live in Canyon Springs, and I keep it at the speed limit because I am afraid I may hit a deer. I have seen too many close calls.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:37 AM

67 posts, read 235,220 times
Be careful farther up 281 in Bulverde also. They have been out in full force lately.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:04 AM

27 posts, read 105,301 times
Quote:

BN
hmmm, a bit of Hummer envy?

Old 06-14-2008, 09:03 AM

1,720 posts, read 4,007,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Well technically blocking radar is illegal, just possessing a radar jammer is not. However, it is a federal offense to change traffic lights so I'd advise against that.

yeah and what sucks is that I found that out recentley. so Im talking my signal changer down south, when i go on vacation.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:43 PM

418 posts, read 1,111,719 times
Quote:
I see very few people going above 50 mph on "Canyon Golf Rd." Any local knows better than that, whether they fear a dear or sheriff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio