Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times

Advertisements

I'd have been a lot better off with the right tools. The big problem was breaking up the old concrete. The handle to my *****xe is... somewhere and all I could find was a 5lb hammer. It might be for the better because a water line for the sprinkler system was right next to one of the post holes and I probably would've broken it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 08:27 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I'd have been a lot better off with the right tools. The big problem was breaking up the old concrete. The handle to my *****xe is... somewhere and all I could find was a 5lb hammer. It might be for the better because a water line for the sprinkler system was right next to one of the post holes and I probably would've broken it.
Yuck! Breaking concrete is not fun. We've had to do that a few times. Hard work!

I was just teasing you It is hotter than hell out there these days. We've been doing it for awhile so are used to it (didn't have a/c before), but if I could get myself up at 4am to start working in the yard, I would. Too bad I'm too tired to do that.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:08 PM

546 posts, read 3,104,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I know you're responding to a different post.. but really now, just because someone is a bit of a night owl doesn't make them clubbers or people who aren't proud of their lawns and houses. Not everyone who works for a living and works hard to keep their homes and lawns nice operates on a "crack of dawn" schedule. Being a second-shifter or a "night person" isn't some sign of immaturity. Someone's gotta take the late shifts!

I hope you don't think I'm being a bit touchy.. but maybe I am. Seems my mom has this idea in her head that anyone who sleeps past six or seven am EVER is a big sloth and should be wiped from the face of the earth. Having always been more of a night person I resent that stuff from her.

Anyway, like I said in my original post, I think 8 would be fine. I think 7 am on a Saturday is a bit obnoxious... I certainly understand later equals hotter though, and morning lawn work is pretty much necessary in our region. Just not 7!
I'm with you on that whole aggitating "sloth" theory that certain factions in my family (and the majority of the world I think at times) seem to prescribe to as well (it's a generational thing I think) - even though they know d**n well the business I own keeps me up late (I have to count tills, go over checklists, do my sales reports, just a bunch of paperwork, then FAX them to my accountants' office so they receive them in the morning, all this can only be done AFTER closing (which is 10:00 PM), so my night owl mode works well for me - I usually don't go to bed until 4:00ish and sleep until 12ish (I've always been a night person as well, even as a child). I vastly prefer this time-table to waking at 7:00 and going to sleep at 10:00, just a personal preferance...and yes, I do go to clubs/concerts/shows here-and-there, but my yard and home is immaculate - as well, about 99% of my neighbors are 50-60+ and they all seem to hire lawn services (like I said, most of the lots in my 'hood are all really large and the folks here aren't hurting for cash, so I guess they prefer other activities over personally working on their lawn), so I really don't know how to respond to the original poster...And yeah, I'm a little moody (well, groggy would be the right word) at the moment as well, it's 12:59 and I just woke up a few minutes ago !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio