Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 01:54 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,673 times

Advertisements

If you are meandering to this side of town, watch your speed!

Bexar County Sheriff is in full force today picking speeders off left and right with radar.

My lead footed wife was watching her speed today, but a lot of other folks are not today.

Oh, do not forget to use your turn signal too! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 02:42 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,893 times
Thanks for the heads up.

I think that stretch should be patrolled more often because of speeders that mash on the peddle along that stretch (no offensive to your wife).

Everytime I enter 281-S from 1604, I feel like I'm part of NASCAR. Cars weaving in/out and around!

I supppose many of these behaviors have been covered in another thread so I wont waste my time lamenting on SA drivers!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:51 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexan View Post
Thanks for the heads up.

I think that stretch should be patrolled more often because of speeders that mash on the peddle along that stretch (no offensive to your wife).

Everytime I enter 281-S from 1604, I feel like I'm part of NASCAR. Cars weaving in/out and around!

I supppose many of these behaviors have been covered in another thread so I wont waste my time lamenting on SA drivers!
True true...My wife got popped on a side road avoiding 281...and I am guilty from time to time...I just have been lucky. *knocks on wood* But yes, that curve northbound from 1604 is just NUTS! Perhaps this will get more people to slow down. I am thinking though that this area will be heavily patrolled for awhile because it is currently a money maker.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
why let them have your money?
This is what I have in my vehicle: WHISTLER XTR-140 Radar/Laser Detector - XTR-140 - Buy.com
free shipping, no sales tax, and $10 off if you order through Google checkout for the first time. It's really a no-brainer.. and for those that don't speed, it's still good to know where they are so you can avoid the moron that slams on their brakes at the last moment because they just saw the cop your detector saw a few miles back..

Old 06-13-2008, 03:12 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
why let them have your money?
This is what I have in my vehicle: WHISTLER XTR-140 Radar/Laser Detector - XTR-140 - Buy.com
free shipping, no sales tax, and $10 off if you order through Google checkout for the first time. It's really a no-brainer.. and for those that don't speed, it's still good to know where they are so you can avoid the moron that slams on their brakes at the last moment because they just saw the cop your detector saw a few miles back..

WERD!!!

I have a Valentine One on my TA best 300 dollar inversion I ever made. Ialso have a descrambler hidden inside my dash.

One big tip if you ever get pulled over. ask the cop to show you the method on how he clocked your speed. Nowadays they need to be fully trained and certified. even if he doesnt cooperate just ask him that, then when you go to court let the judge know he didnt give you a print out. He might dismiss the ticket but you'll still pay the fine. on the plus side you wont get a point on your record.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
WERD!!!

I have a Valentine One on my TA best 300 dollar inversion I ever made. Ialso have a descrambler hidden inside my dash.

One big tip if you ever get pulled over. ask the cop to show you the method on how he clocked your speed. Nowadays they need to be fully trained and certified. even if he doesnt cooperate just ask him that, then when you go to court let the judge know he didnt give you a print out. He might dismiss the ticket but you'll still pay the fine. on the plus side you wont get a point on your record.
Yeah those v1's are the best around. You have to work really hard to get a ticket with the arrows telling you where the radar is coming from. Does the descambler actually work? I've read about a few of those things that are just a box with a wire inside.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Yeah those v1's are the best around. You have to work really hard to get a ticket with the arrows telling you where the radar is coming from. Does the descambler actually work? I've read about a few of those things that are just a box with a wire inside.

well I have an Infrared Jammer, when i get I'10 west off I35 south, you know theres a little radar up there where the curve is at, well everytime i pass by it, it blurrs I get the 88 or 00's

youre talking about the passive scramblers sold by rocky mountain those are just plastic boxes and you'll get ripped off if you buy it from them.

I also own a traffic light changer dont ask me how I got it because i wont tell.... okay ill tell. last year i went to the Alley's In LA which is like a market place and I bought one there for 150 bucks. and so far its been working. the only downside is that San Antonio has old style and New style traffic lights (the ones with the camera mounted on top)

but its not a video camera its infrared, Police, EMS and FD have a pulse light mounted inside of their sirens. that pulse sends out signals to the camera, then the camera changes the lights. My controler works for most of the lights outside loop 1604 but I only use that in the mornings when nobody is around.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:31 PM

134 posts, read 503,011 times
My hubby has actually got out of tickets by asking to see how they clocked him!

Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
well I have an Infrared Jammer, when i get I'10 west off I35 south, you know theres a little radar up there where the curve is at, well everytime i pass by it, it blurrs I get the 88 or 00's

youre talking about the passive scramblers sold by rocky mountain those are just plastic boxes and you'll get ripped off if you buy it from them.

I also own a traffic light changer dont ask me how I got it because i wont tell.... okay ill tell. last year i went to the Alley's In LA which is like a market place and I bought one there for 150 bucks. and so far its been working. the only downside is that San Antonio has old style and New style traffic lights (the ones with the camera mounted on top)

but its not a video camera its infrared, Police, EMS and FD have a pulse light mounted inside of their sirens. that pulse sends out signals to the camera, then the camera changes the lights. My controler works for most of the lights outside loop 1604 but I only use that in the mornings when nobody is around.
niiice i might have to look into that

Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf1mom View Post
My hubby has actually got out of tickets by asking to see how they clocked him!

yeah I do that all the time whenever I get a speeding infracture. I always ask the cop what method he used to prepare the radar, how did he calibrate it, and how accurate was it, did he point at me or the guy next to me? so far Ive gotten two warnings and one ticket suspended. all three times i was pulled over for doing 70 at night. and the court ticket was for 77 but I had a broken speedometer, I took the reciepts and proof that I got it fixed and the judge dismissed the ticket. however you still have to pay the fines. but you wont get points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio