U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,124 times

Advertisements

mmmm, e-clairs on a stick??? Never had em, how do you do it?

If we bring the boat we will be over that way, we usually make at least one trip up the river (although it is very low right now). If you see an old classic glaston and the driver is wearing a cowboy hat that is us .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
the moronathan is the uncontrolled release of billions of dollars worth of fireworks that starts around 7:00 PM and lasts until 2:00 - 3:00 AM. I'm not saying the whole neighborhood is irresponsible, but a LOT of them are when it comes to fireworks. They seem to have the same logic as the fools who shoot bullets in the air. Looks nice going up, but believe it or not it comes down too.. my yard is normally full of them and I don't even shoot any off.
This year there's supposed to be some sort of ban on the aerials, but I guess they can't enforce it that much. Common sense would tell you it's not a good idea to do them with this awful weather, but who needs common sense? we only had a few hundred fires on New Years...

oh yeah, it's in Westcreek, which is located outside 1604 by SeaWorld.
Gotcha...thanks! Makes perfect sense..I was not getting the whole lawn watering part....just a wee bit slow tonight...can you tell I have only talked to my kids today??? Well, except for on her of course....oh and my text buddies. LOL

Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 PM

933 posts, read 1,813,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
O.K., why oh why does everyone think I am kidding about the waving part!!

It's medina and I had better not see anything on you-tube !!!

Silly boys...

Oh...to heck with youtube!!! I am going to set up a website and rent it as a pay per view! I of course will share in the profits.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 PM

11,930 posts, read 12,800,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
mmmm, e-clairs on a stick??? Never had em, how do you do it?

If we bring the boat we will be over that way, we usually make at least one trip up the river (although it is very low right now). If you see an old classic glaston and the driver is wearing a cowboy hat that is us .
sshhhhh..... or everyone will be making them. They are soooo good. You take a wooden dowel about one inch in diameter, long enough to hold over the fire, grease the stick good, wrap a crescent roll around it and toast it over the fire. As it browns it will rise. Let it cool a few minutes. When you take it off the stick it will be hollow inside. Fill it with pudding and top with cake icing. wa-lah!!( Thats an old indian term for we learned it in girl scouts) e-clairs on a stcik. Guarented to make your butt bigger in one week end.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 PM

11,930 posts, read 12,800,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
Oh...to heck with youtube!!! I am going to set up a website and rent it as a pay per view! I of course will share in the profits.
I'm gunna need a new swim suit and hat!!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:07 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,308,124 times
Quote:
sshhhhh..... or everyone will be making them. They are soooo good. You take a wooden dowel about one inch in diameter, long enough to hold over the fire, grease the stick good, wrap a crescent roll around it and toast it over the fire. As it browns it will rise. Let it cool a few minutes. When you take it off the stick it will be hollow inside. Fill it with pudding and top with cake icing. wa-lah!!( Thats an old indian term for we learned it in girl scouts) e-clairs on a stcik. Guarented to make your butt bigger in one week end.

mmmmm, sounds like something we will have to try. We usually just do smores (boring, I know).
My butt gets bigger everytime we go camping . We always eat VERY, VERY good when we camp.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:17 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,983,112 times
Living near Sea World as well, we will be watering the lawn all day as well. I agree with another poster...NYE was like a war zone. That was my first one in this area and I've never seen anything like it - EVER. I've usually gone to Atlanta Braves games on the 4th in the past and the fireworks here make that look boring. We don't shoot them off but will wind up too with a yard full of them. Neighbors here tell me the fourth is worse than NYE even.
So we will put our tails in the pool, bbq, and water water water the yard.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,140,476 times
My vacation starts on the 3rd of July, approximately 3PM! One whole week plus the 4th! I'm not doing anything!! Not going anywhere!! And that's the way I like it......too expensive, too stressful (I hate the coming back pooped part), and I'm going to Chicago at the end of July for work anyway, so I'm going to use that as a mini-vacation. I'm hoping to catch a game at Wrigley Field, and do a couple of touristy things.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:36 PM

323 posts, read 741,982 times
Quote:
What's everyone doing for the 4th of July this year?
Well, I have the wonderful privilage of going to work. There are no holidays in the health care world.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:54 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,291,155 times
ooh, just looked at the calendar and the 4th is on a Friday this year. Good thing is I don't have to work Saturday, bad thing is I'm going to have to drive through Westcreek at around 10:30 PM to get home (I don't have holidays).. that should be just lovely...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio