Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,511 times

Advertisements

hello everybody and WARNING today i went to eat lunch at the subway in 1604 and potranco, and I loved it there untill today....

I was ordring my usual tuesday sub sweet onion chicken teriyaki. when I noticed that a new guy was either new or really dumb. First I got grossed out because he couldnt get his glove on his left hand. He just slid it obver untill it covered his fingers but his palm was exposed! so I said to myself maybe the other girl will take it from there. but she didnt saddly as he was preparing my sandwich he changed gloves 4 times! and that wasnt what freaked me out he was blowing air full of saliva on to it. and he tuched his hairy face with the other glove and proceded to make my sandwich without changing them! when he foled it and cut it he gabed the sandwich with his hairy forearm and when he was ringing me up, he rubbed his nose, by then I had alredy seen enough. when he gave me the sandwich and the reciept to pay for it, I dumped the sandwich on the soda fountain trash. The store manager (bertha) said Is there any reason you did that? you still have to pay for it! I told her what happened and she got madd! had the girl training the guy make me two sandwiches. when I paid for it, I took off and gave the sandwiches to some guys fueling up their truck. I will not go ther again unless that guy gets the dress code right. He had a bunch of hair comming off his hat, ugly hairy arms, wrists and probably knuckles, and as he talked he was spitting. I am tottaly disgusted management actually hired him.

stay away guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 01:05 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,878,952 times
If the manager responded and gave you 2 new sandwichs, doesn't that tell you the manager is responsible enough to handle it and see that he is trained better. If he is new and on probation, the manager needs the feedback to know if she wants to keep him on the line or let him go. I think I would go back and if the guy is on the line tell the manager to have someone else make the sandwich, you don't want sasquatch touching your food.
I don't think I would have taken the sandwich in the first place, I would have told him and made sure the manager knew what had happned. I'd be so grossed out.
Thanks for the warning, I too watch when at my local Subway or any food place that I can see the food being handled. If it's not right, I say so.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:15 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,204,817 times
ewwww gross. I wouldn't have taken the sandwich. But just imagine this guy working in a restaurant where you can't see them http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif (broken link)

Old 07-01-2008, 01:17 PM

604 posts, read 1,529,997 times
Its funny to read this thread, my brother always stops by my house on his lunch break, and always with his favorite Subway sandwich, the other day (by the way we live at 1604 and Potranco) he stopped by and started to complain about "the new guy" at the Subway, when he started to eat his sandwich he said it awful.... guess the "new guy" needs more training.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Owl

112 posts, read 555,851 times
Good for you! And you might want to report them to the Health Department, too. This is a serious public problem, given all of the serious viruses floating around out there.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
ewwww gross. I wouldn't have taken the sandwich. But just imagine this guy working in a restaurant where you can't see them http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif (broken link)

Thats why I never eat at gross restuarants. My exgirlfriend used to complain about me not taking her to dine to certain restuarants. I told her (this was the time I was working for Labatt) have you ever seen what goes on in the kitchens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
If the manager responded and gave you 2 new sandwichs, doesn't that tell you the manager is responsible enough to handle it and see that he is trained better. If he is new and on probation, the manager needs the feedback to know if she wants to keep him on the line or let him go. I think I would go back and if the guy is on the line tell the manager to have someone else make the sandwich, you don't want sasquatch touching your food.
I don't think I would have taken the sandwich in the first place, I would have told him and made sure the manager knew what had happned. I'd be so grossed out.
Thanks for the warning, I too watch when at my local Subway or any food place that I can see the food being handled. If it's not right, I say so.
well I didnt want to stop him as he was making the sandwich because there was a high chance i was still going to end up with the same bread (which was way under cooked by the way. So I let him finish it so he can get the experience because he shure needs it. I mean come on how hard is it to make a sandwich?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa101 View Post
Its funny to read this thread, my brother always stops by my house on his lunch break, and always with his favorite Subway sandwich, the other day (by the way we live at 1604 and Potranco) he stopped by and started to complain about "the new guy" at the Subway, when he started to eat his sandwich he said it awful.... guess the "new guy" needs more training.

forget training he needs a shaving, and trimming!.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:23 PM

One time I went to the subway at hwy 90 and SW 36th street (in Valero). About three times, while making my sandwich the girl stepped to the side and blew her nose. She would take her gloves off, blow her nose, and then put the gloves back on. It grossed me out!! I didn't eat the sandwich either. YUCK!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
Good for you! And you might want to report them to the Health Department, too. This is a serious public problem, given all of the serious viruses floating around out there.

Well being that I used to eat there almost daily, the place was pretty clean, untill that guy showed up.

BTW I havent heard of a health department here in San Antonio. but then again I'm new here (well almost) I wish that the health department here would do like the Health department in LA County. They would hang Letter grades from A to C on their doors and places were the consumer will see them. and they also showed up un anounced!. The Bexar Coundy HD takes bribes, Calls two weeks in advance, and is very tolerant.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
One time I went to the subway at hwy 90 and SW 36th street (in Valero). About three times, while making my sandwich the girl stepped to the side and blew her nose. She would take her gloves off, blow her nose, and then put the gloves back on. It grossed me out!! I didn't eat the sandwich either. YUCK!

should of trowin it away in front of her. Or let her know about it.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:32 PM

You know it is weird but there are a LOT of people that this would not even bother.
One time a group of us from work went to Taco Bell. I went to wash my hands and there was no soap in the bathroom. I told them that I would not eat there. They all thought I was crazy. They started to order their food and saw me standing to the side and asked "are you seriously not going to eat?". I told them no because how do the employees wash their hands after using the restroom. They said they could use the sink in the back. Whateva We ended up going somewhere else, but they teased me about that for a long time.

I never eat the potlucks at work now .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio