U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 07:52 AM

3,736 posts, read 5,424,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledWife View Post
I find it INCREDIBLY odd that this story was not mentioned until the 7-8 minutes mark on tonights newscasts on WOAI and I believe KSAT.
The SAWS water restrictions were put ahead of this story.
Ridiculous.
With all due respect to the deceased family, I think the SAWS water restrictions are of more significance to the entire community, than a sensational story about a crime of passion.

I'm glad when the media decides not to show yet another sensational murder.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 AM

91 posts, read 174,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledWife View Post
I find it INCREDIBLY odd that this story was not mentioned until the 7-8 minutes mark on tonights newscasts on WOAI and I believe KSAT.
The SAWS water restrictions were put ahead of this story.
Ridiculous.
Why not talk about it? If this had happened on the East or NE side, it would be a lead story.
Media needs to stop being so biased.

Lord...

Old 06-29-2008, 05:13 AM

4 posts, read 6,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Well, the house was owned by Sydney Dees, dont know if thats the guy or not. but, it was a single guy, and Homeowner at 1203 Summit crest

The Local News Media can be so insensitive when reporting, updating and publishing the very private information they are privaledge to. Although I don't agree with their method, I do understantd the madness to their method. "IF IT BLEEDS IT LEADS"!! That's how they keep their rating ups.

On the other hand, what I don't understand or even care to understand is The Judging, The Trial & Jury, The criticism and most of all the Personal/Confidential information that is posted in this forum, without a second thought to the fact that there is a grieving family. Who may not know all the details inconjuction with the fact that it has not been released or said if the deceased has been positively identified.

We are talking about someone's Son, Brother, Uncle, Dad, Godfather, Granddaddy and let's not forget the MAN who severed 30 years in the Marines Corp, which has provided the safety that many tend to take for granted.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Well, the house was owned by Sydney Dees, dont know if thats the guy or not. but, it was a single guy, and Homeowner at 1203 Summit crest

The Local News Media can be so insensitive when reporting, updating and publishing the very private information they are privaledge to. Although I don't agree with their method, I do understantd the madness to their method. "IF IT BLEEDS IT LEADS"!! That's how they keep their rating ups.

On the other hand, what I don't understand or even care to understand is The Judging, The Trial & Jury, The criticism and most of all the Personal/Confidential information that is posted in this forum, without a second thought to the fact that there is a grieving family. Who may not know all the details inconjuction with the fact that it has not been released or said if the deceased has been positively identified.

We are talking about someone's Son, Brother, Uncle, Dad, Godfather, Granddaddy and let's not forget the MAN who severed 30 years in the Marines Corp, which has provided the safety that many tend to take for granted.
[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]

Old 06-29-2008, 07:39 AM

5,787 posts, read 8,999,353 times
Crimes happen everywhere...not just this city, not just a particular side of any town.

Again, MOST of it has some type of "history" fronting it.

Last edited by Paka; 06-29-2008 at 08:43 AM..

Old 06-29-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
No need to apologize. I never read that thread since it has too much traffic and you don't get to decide whether to read it or not based on the title.

The house where the incident occurred is right at the beginning of the Summit neighborhood entrance on Hardy Oak Blvd. I passed through there at 8am and the whole neighborhood entrance was sealed off and there were about 9 police cars surrounding the area. I thought there was a standoff in progress, but then noticed that the officers were mostly just milling around. I guess the victims had already been taken away.

OMG!!! Do you make it a habit of driving by crime scenes?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah, this was posted in the OT thread above. Heat of passion, sounds like.

Heat of Passion???? Of course, that has to be it. A Man and a Women could never be just friends!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:39 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,701,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaRT BROKEN View Post
OMG!!! Do you make it a habit of driving by crime scenes?
ummm...i believe the guy lives in the neighborhood, hence the driving by --- i am sure stan does not have a police scanner in his car just waiting for crime scenes to be announced so he can drive by ---

Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,701,947 times
Quote:
Heat of Passion???? Of course, that has to be it. A Man and a Women could never be just friends!!!!
ummm...okay, once again --- do you even know what heat of passion means or rather crime of passion ???

the man and woman could have very well been friends...nobody is saying there was anything going on --- maybe she was just visiting her friend but her husband found out she was there, became enraged with jealousy and reacted --- crime of passion...

Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Status: "The blue mat is obsessed with me. Whyyyy??" (set 7 days ago)

13,648 posts, read 22,057,303 times
Quote:
The paper reported that the deceased was the boyfriend of the murderer's wife. Let's see, 2 + 2 = ?

Man+Wife+Boyfriend=disaster

Who cares, anyway? We've got bigger problems to worry about besides stupid love affairs. Play with fire, you get burned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio