U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2008, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,965 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm in the process of interviewing with high schools to teach science. Currently, I am looking at Karen wagner high school in Judson ISD. I am not familiar with this area of town, the students, or the administration. Therefore, in my quest for due diligence, I would like to know if any city-data folks send their kids to this school?

What is your impression, what advice would you give. PMs welcomed if you prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 PM

413 posts, read 950,883 times
I graduated from Judson High School. They hadn't finished Wagner yet when I graduated so I don't much about that particular school, but for the most part I think we were just like any other high school. We had the few occasional fights, but nothing extreme. My teachers liked teaching us and most of them had a lot of tenure. They got mad at the administration sometimes, but nothing that wasn't handled. A lot of people don't like Judson, saying a bunch of hoodlums go there and such, but it may be different than from when I was there.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,965 times
How long ago did you graduate?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:11 PM

413 posts, read 950,883 times
I graduated in 2003.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:01 AM

21 posts, read 65,301 times
If i were you,,, teach at Judson...Wagner students are rude and disrespectful. My daughter attends Wagner and she tells me that some students just don't care about learning. In the past year there has 6 lock
downs,,,4 due to students bringing a gun or knife. the other 2 were to robberies at a local gas station.( just precautions )50% are African American,, 30% Angelo,, 20% Hispanic,,,,, The school is located across from Sunrise subdivision where there are lot of known gang members.
My friend of 10 years taught there for the first time ( this year ) She would tell me how rude the students were with her. One student walk up to her and told her she does not tell him what to do,,To her face She send him to principals office and sent right back to class and continued to disrupt the class.
She was told to voluntary resign due to a student accusing her of punching and knocking him to the ground,,,She never touched him.
She asked for witnesses,,they only called in Three,,and guess what,,they were his friends,,so they sited with him. She will still be able to teach at any other school. She also told me that there we about several other teachers that are not going back to teach at Wagner. She was even told by the principal to come up with a easy test for a student to take so he wouldn't fail the class. Standards in school today are so low,,that teachers
are told to just pass the kids on so parents don't complain...Standards in school today are so low that even the children with Down Syndrome are saying ,,This class is easy....Don't know what kind of response I'll get,, But
Hey,, each his own,,,,,,,

Old 04-03-2010, 04:27 AM

3 posts, read 3,480 times
avoid judson. at all costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio