Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:00 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,149 times

Advertisements

Thanks again all for your responses. CK, how long do you cook them that way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 02:13 PM

824 posts, read 1,815,907 times
"Real" wings must be deep-fried. Baked chicken is, well, just that. And I find baked chicken highly offensive.

Coat in flour, fry in hot grease (lard, if you're really serious), and coat with sauce immediately after you pull the wings from the fryer.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:20 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
"Real" wings must be deep-fried. Baked chicken is, well, just that. And I find baked chicken highly offensive.

Coat in flour, fry in hot grease (lard, if you're really serious), and coat with sauce immediately after you pull the wings from the fryer.
I think my cholesterol just went through the roof.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:40 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Thanks again all for your responses. CK, how long do you cook them that way?

Well, my deep fryer has a poultry level on it, and I just cook them until the crispness and color looks right. I never really timed it I guess. And when you see restaurants with orange colored chicken wing sauce, it's usually just a butter and hot sauce mixture. Hot wings are really simple to make. Try it once, get the hang of it, and then you can kick them up all sorts of ways. Instead of hot wing sauce you can go with a honey bbq sauce, and those are yummy as well.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
I dont see what this has to do with san antonio lol but ill play along mmm wings!!!!

I do them both ways! I'm Bi-Wingal!

Healty way: I season them with seasoning salt or garlic salt. (season at your taste) Leave them for a few hours to soak up the flavor. Then I throw them on the grill.

Deep Fried: I have a dish that I bring out during football season and I do it this way because its faster than grilling. firstly I use some flower, season it with favorite seasonings. I do many... Lemon Pepper, Poppy (kinda tangy) seasoned salt and garlic. I mix the flour, then I take the raw wings and coat them evenley. Let them sit so they can get puffy. Then I throw them into the dish. It only takes about 3 minutes to fully cook!

Either way I prepare them, it has their own unique taste. but this is how i make the sauces.

I prepare the sauce. Wether it be buffalo (Frank's Red, with butter, and a dash of sugar.) Teriyaki (Tereyaki sauce, honey, and chopped onion) or BBQ (BBQ sauce with some vinegar Red, balsamic or white is fine)

After a while you'll seek out other flavors.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
A San Antonio person started foodies delight--so join!

San Antonio people love hot wings--which is why we cry in our beer over the bad service at the one on 151, and we're always in search of a great wing place.

SA Greed is making wings, and if we're all well-behaved, he may invite us over like Spamatdan did.

There, SA-related! viola!

This is for svg, by the way.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:40 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,149 times
Thanks SVG. My wife is reading along with me and will try 6 wings her way, (on the pan with some olive oil, then in a mixing bowl) The rest I will chose one of the options you all have suggested. Once again, thank so much for your replies.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:49 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
Thanks SVG. My wife is reading along with me and will try 6 wings her way, (on the pan with some olive oil, then in a mixing bowl) The rest I will chose one of the options you all have suggested. Once again, thank so much for your replies.

NP, I started the same way. I used to enjoy the wings they had at church's and wingstop but eventually they tasted salty. Its 100 times better when you make them yourself.

but be warned! I always clean up before I digg in! because clean up is a pain in the neck.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:56 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,709,092 times
This was one of the fastest growing threads. Good job SA....lol.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,825,078 times
I don't do them hot. But I will marinade in three items in equal parts: honey, soy sauce, and bbq sauce. Marinade overnight, throw them in the oven and bake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio