Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:35 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,614 times

Advertisements

So what does everyone think it is? The popular rumor is that the news will be broadcast in HD.

Some other theories:

- Chris Marrou will say an entire newscast without one of his opinionated smart alec comments?
- Dan Cook will return?
- Albert Flores will return?
- Bridget Smith will be on TV with no makeup, hairspray, hair color?
- They will change the banjo music for the "Eye WitnessNews Reel"?
- Bill Merryman will return?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 10:08 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,482 times
Do you have a link for this? First I have heard of it...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 AM

65 posts, read 180,879 times
My guess: More Mexican chupacabra stories!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:28 AM

80 posts, read 194,658 times
It's HD. Effective 30th June...but not the biggest change in KENS history in my opinion.

Or....they get rid of Karen Grace and Ross Palumbo???? ALong with a few other unmentionables?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:42 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Some other theories:

- Chris Marrou will say an entire newscast without one of his opinionated smart alec comments?
- Dan Cook will return?
- Albert Flores will return?
- Bridget Smith will be on TV with no makeup, hairspray, hair color?
- They will change the banjo music for the "Eye WitnessNews Reel"?
- Bill Merryman will return?
I think that HD is the big news - they've been touting the "first in HD in San Antonio" line.

I like Chris Marrou, but I do wish he would leave his opinions out of the newscast. It's annoying. Same with Fred.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
Or....they get rid of Karen Grace and Ross Palumbo????
Wow, you'd better head for the nearest fallout shelter. The Karen Grace fan club chapter here will relentlessly hunt you down.

I would have been there with you in the fallout shelter earlier this year, but I will grudgingly admit now that Karen Grace's work has improved in the anchor chair. Getting daily practice on the AM shift while Vicki Buffolino was off seems to have helped considerably.

I am very curious to see how many people will be telling sob stories in the media after next February 17, when the analog signals of all of the big stations go away for good.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM

80 posts, read 194,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Wow, you'd better head for the nearest fallout shelter. The Karen Grace fan club chapter here will relentlessly hunt you down.

I would have been there with you in the fallout shelter earlier this year, but I will grudgingly admit now that Karen Grace's work has improved in the anchor chair. Getting daily practice on the AM shift while Vicki Buffolino was off seems to have helped considerably.

I am very curious to see how many people will be telling sob stories in the media after next February 17, when the analog signals of all of the big stations go away for good.
I cannot STAND Karen Grace's news delivery. She looks like a fifteen year old who had a bit too much fun at Wal-Mart's make-up department, and her obnoxious voice drives me through the roof. As for Ross, what I said about Karen, but tenfold. (yes, the makeup too!)

Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,791,891 times
Do they give the chance of rain in terms of a percentage, or a picture with one to three drops coming down? I don't like dumbed down, picture of a cloud and a drop, type weather.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,614 times
I am hoping they will put Vanessa Macias (The World Car Girl) as anchor on all the time.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:36 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I am hoping they will put Vanessa Macias (The World Car Girl) as anchor on all the time.
You and most of the entire male population of an area encompassing 900 square miles in either direction of San Antonio. And many of the females.

And LOL, you mentioned this in a thread titled "biggest things"

Last edited by sapphire; 06-27-2008 at 11:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio