Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:27 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
As long as the SA Kool-Aid drinkers stay out, it will!!
Am I one?

Old 06-29-2008, 12:47 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Stoopit? hoo is a dumby here? I rezent that remarc budy. Dont tawk that tipe of shat bekus I jus go bezerk.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:07 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledWife View Post
Poor roadways, 1604/281 is ridiculous with no true interchange, 60 MPH speed limit on loop 410 is absurd, too much grafiti and tagging going on seemingly all over the city with the far NORTH side being the exception.

Small town mentality, only 1 major sports team, too relaxed attitude and major drinking problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
well .... ---- well..... wellllllll

BYE THEN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledWife View Post
That is a typical San Antonio response.

If you don't like the way we do things around here, then you can leave.

How childish...

The reason why people get so bent out of shape when others point out negatives in San Antonio is because the local homers know it is true but choose to resort to childish insults and arguing rather than addressing the topic at hand and resolving the potential issues.
Well, you say this as though 'typical' is necessarily a BAD thing.

I don't appreciate others 'speaking for me', but this IS an open forum. However, I'll point out to you that I really don't give a rat's arse if others like San Antonio or hate it. The only opinion that matters when the issue is 'if the city is comfortable and livable' is the opinion of the person who is trying to decide whether to live here or not.
HENCE... my point is, your comments make it PERFECTLY clear that you consider San Antonio negative, typical, and full of problems.
WHY in the world would you be here if you feel so strongly about San Antonio's perceived (by you) shortcomings? Why? Why don't you move onto the place that you consider to be worthy enough to call home?
I am guessing - yes, it's ONLY a guess!!! - that you are somehow associated with the military. Why else would you not only LIVE in the city, but hang out on a message board where the overwhelming majority of posters clearly LOVE this city????

I actually feel sorry for you.... NOT because you're 'stuck' in SA (I happen to consider it a fine home, and I've had many), but because so much of your energy is expended in pointing out what YOU consider flaws to those of us who love it here, OR have chosen to make the best of the locale in which we've been placed. Coincidentally, you are wasting your time on most of us, with the "I hate..." posts/threads.....
As long as you're expending negative energy and thoughts and words and attitudes, there will be no surroundings that 'fit well' .......

boy, what I wouldn't give to have that "Ignore" function we have over on another message board I frequent.......
My name is Holly, btw... I go by PGR or PopsGuysRule here in the CityData Forum. You should come and join us at one of our meet & greets. I'm sure you'd have a good time, and find some folks you enjoy spending time with.....

Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 AM

122 posts, read 512,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler guy View Post
I hate that were always in the shadows of Houston and Dallas.
This is a very valid bash. And it's not the city's fault so no one can yell at us for saying so San Antonio is not even an option on my Palm Centro to set the time zone. Grrr! When I look at it I always see Dallas and think, why not San Antonio?

Old 06-29-2008, 01:38 AM

127 posts, read 495,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Well, you say this as though 'typical' is necessarily a BAD thing.

I don't appreciate others 'speaking for me', but this IS an open forum. However, I'll point out to you that I really don't give a rat's arse if others like San Antonio or hate it. The only opinion that matters when the issue is 'if the city is comfortable and livable' is the opinion of the person who is trying to decide whether to live here or not.
HENCE... my point is, your comments make it PERFECTLY clear that you consider San Antonio negative, typical, and full of problems.
WHY in the world would you be here if you feel so strongly about San Antonio's perceived (by you) shortcomings? Why? Why don't you move onto the place that you consider to be worthy enough to call home?
I am guessing - yes, it's ONLY a guess!!! - that you are somehow associated with the military. Why else would you not only LIVE in the city, but hang out on a message board where the overwhelming majority of posters clearly LOVE this city????

I actually feel sorry for you.... NOT because you're 'stuck' in SA (I happen to consider it a fine home, and I've had many), but because so much of your energy is expended in pointing out what YOU consider flaws to those of us who love it here, OR have chosen to make the best of the locale in which we've been placed. Coincidentally, you are wasting your time on most of us, with the "I hate..." posts/threads.....
As long as you're expending negative energy and thoughts and words and attitudes, there will be no surroundings that 'fit well' .......

boy, what I wouldn't give to have that "Ignore" function we have over on another message board I frequent.......
My name is Holly, btw... I go by PGR or PopsGuysRule here in the CityData Forum. You should come and join us at one of our meet & greets. I'm sure you'd have a good time, and find some folks you enjoy spending time with.....
Holly, for what it's worth, I do appreciate the positive comments that some make about San Antonio and I also appreciate those that tell the other side of the story and talk about what San Antonio needs to improve on.

I live in Stone Oak. In case others do not already know, Stone Oak is a high end, master planned community that offers all sorts of businesses and schools to their residents.

It is located off Loop 1604 and Stone Oak Parkway. I live in a home that is appraised highly and is indeed absolutely what my husband and I wanted. One day, we do plan to have a family of our own and plan to still be living here, but if for some reason this area goes down hill we have no problems with packing up and moving to wherever the next "upscale" hot spot in the San Antonio metro is.

I enjoy San Antonio, for the most part.

There are however certain issues the city/county must address.

If you think otherwise, you either are lying to yourself or are just satisfied with how things currently are.

Issues I deal with are simple. Commuting down Hwy 281 and it is congested as we all know. Some want toll roads as the solution others are fighting the tolls and want the roads to be built some other way.

Some will say to me, well, why dont you move inside Loop 1604 or inside Loop 410 so that you do not have to travel as much.

And mine and my husbands response to that is that we net over 400K a year and do not want to live in an area that is even touched with a negative reputation for any violent crimes.

That's right.. you heard me right. Violent crimes. Sure they can happen anywhere but more often than not the violent crimes are in the inner city areas and not on the FAR northside of San Antonio.

You may argue back and say well property crimes happen in the high end neighborhoods and I will say you are correct, but to me, that does not matter.

If someone wants to try and break in my house then so be it. I have insurance and I know that materialistic things can be replaced.

My husband is a black man who has worked hard his entire life to move away from where gangs are and to see the gangs still growing is very upsetting to both of us. My husband had to deal with gang members his entire life until he was 21..until he as he said , "ESCAPED THE EAST SIDE AND LEFT THE GHETTOS OF SAN ANTONIO".

Say what you want, but this is an opinion forum for us all, and although we may not all agree all the time, we are in this city and this life together, so lets work to make San Antonio a better city. For families to be raised and major businesses to be housed.

Thanks for your time in reading this message and more importantly, do good in whatever you do. Do your best....don't sweat the rest.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio