Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 04:51 AM

60 posts, read 221,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
Statistics don't lie, Statisticians do. Where did you get all this bogus Stats?...
Are you talking to me? Who are you talking to? to me? Are you talking to me?

Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 AM

34 posts, read 160,219 times
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Selma, Schertz, Cibolo are all fantastic areas to live in. You won't go wrong with either.

By lower NE I assume he is referring to the Walzem area of the city, however that's not really "lower" NE.
Thanks ...this helps

Old 01-24-2007, 07:18 AM

545 posts, read 2,283,305 times
I agree whole heartedly with 210 that Schertz and Cibolo are great areas to live in. I work for the SCUCISD and can tell you that the area is growing very quickly, though, and I'm sure that in the next few years it's going to experience many of the same growing pains that the Stone Oak area is experiencing...but at least they're expanding 1103 before it gets too crowded.

In speaking to one of my colleagues who lives out here, she mentioned that the Cibolo city leaders don't seem to have their act together as much as the ones in Schertz, however, Cibolo is where most of the growth is occurring. It will be interesting to see how these once small towns handle this explosion of newcomers. If you happen to take a drive out this way, take a look at the percentage of new houses vs the older homes...

As for the schools, if you have kids, all I can say is wow. I'm very impressed. There are several "new" schools set to open in the next several years. I say new in quotes because they're actually replacing old buildings in a couple of cases. I think we have something like 5 new buildings slated, but only a net gain of 2 buildings, so they're really moving forward. A bond was just passed in the fall which is providing a lot of money for infrastructure and new buildings.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:16 PM

4 posts, read 18,032 times
Default Considering move later this year

I've been looking at the area near Marbach Road between Loop 1604 and I-410, and north of the 90 in zip code 78245. I think it's in the North Side School District. Any input on this area would be of great help. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-24-2007, 07:32 PM

34 posts, read 160,219 times
Question Need some input

Thanks for the input on the Selma/Schertz/Cibolo/ county info. Does anyone have any info on Judson county area, particularly 78244 (Highland Farms)and Woodlake Middle School. I'm looking at a property and need to get all the facts I can.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:15 PM

545 posts, read 2,283,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeycali View Post
I've been looking at the area near Marbach Road between Loop 1604 and I-410, and north of the 90 in zip code 78245. I think it's in the North Side School District. Any input on this area would be of great help. Thanks in advance!
I would go a little farther north if you can afford it. My wife and I also looked in that area, and while it was nice a few years ago, it seems to be a bit run down. When we first moved back to San Antonio 2 years ago, we looked at a house in that area and were turned off by the status of people's yards, fences and the amount of graffiti.

That same part of town, but outside of 1604 is all new stuff and the area around Potranco between 151 and 1604 has a lot of newer houses, and if you're in the market for a less expensive house (as we were when we were first looking), the 78250 area has some nice starter houses in decent neighborhoods.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:28 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Default New Homes Near Marbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeycali View Post
I lived between Marbach and Potranco in Heritage subdivision for 11 years. I moved further west (outside of Loop 1604) 6 years ago, but still go around that area a couple times a month. Although new houses are being built on Marbach, the only subdivision I would recommend is Stonecreek (Armadillo Homes) on Marbach, about a mile inside Loop 1604. Be careful though, as some of the houses are in Northside ISD and some are in Southwest ISD (NISD is preferred). I would also look along Potranco and further north into Westover Hills. Of course, houses get more expensive as you head further north.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:32 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,240,903 times
I agree with Slaleman to a point. I've been to that area twice within the last week and actually helped my aunt scout some homes in that area (one off Glen Haven Dr.)

I believe the run down areas are centralized off Foster Rd. near the Sunshine neighborhood. Strangly enough just across Foster Rd. from Sunshine are tons of new homes being built.

Seguin Rd. has seen a lot of new retail and commercial development. If you were to drive east on Seguin Road you'll notice the home diversity improves greatly the moment you enter the Converse city limit (which starts at the Woodlake Golf Course).

There's actually a place called Ling's Dragon that serves some of the best asian food I've ever eaten. It's a really nice place. It's in a small fairly new shopping center.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:52 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,240,903 times
Woodlake Hills Middle School

http://xs211.xs.to/xs211/07044/WoodlakeHills.PNG (broken link)

Old 01-25-2007, 10:41 AM

4 posts, read 18,032 times
Default Northwest San Antonio

Thanks for all the input! My wife and I are looking to spend about $180,000 for a new home (or almost new) with 4 bedrooms and 2500 sq ft, preferably in the Northside School District or Northeast School District. We've also been looking at the area between the two loops near Bandera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio