U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM

53 posts, read 219,687 times

Advertisements

We are planning on visiting Schlitterbahn Waterpark is July and wanted info from anyone on what days of the week are not as crowded, what areas are the best to visit first, parking, any shady areas to rest in the park, food allowed in, etc.
Thanks for the help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM

5,763 posts, read 8,907,795 times
Go during the week...Tue, Wed or Thur for the LEAST crowded..altho not crowded is hardly ever...it is the #1 water park in the nation for a REASON!

They do allow in coolers, and have wonderful areas to picnic and relax in the shade...and also make some AWESOME BBQ that will drive you CRAZY all day as you enjoy the park that they sell. Only restrictions are alcohol and bottles not allowed...other than that, you can drag your own. Free parking too.

We personally like section 1 of the park better than 2.....but IF you wanted to do both then start at 2 since MOST folks start at 1...that way you would be a little less crowded at the one side.

Enjoy, it is fantastic...one day does not do that park justice at all!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:57 PM

111 posts, read 558,111 times
Default Hints...

If you have small children, the new parts are the best. Overall, all of the sections are great for everyone. During the week is the best Tuesday-Thursday. To be honest, we went on July 4th and it was not crowded. I mean the lines were long for the rides after 1 PM, but overall it was not bad and that was on a holiday and a Friday. The key is to go right when it opens and do the rides - no lines and the best time to go!

To buy your tickets: My suggestion is to go to the gas station in New Braunfels. You can get child and adult tickets for a lot cheaper. I believe the adult was $33 and the child was $28. Good buy compared to the park entrance which is around $45.

For sure bring in an ice chest! You can bring anything in but alcohol. And if you do not want to do that, you can come and go as you please to go out to the car or whatever.

We had a blast there this past week! My husband and I used to work there in High School many years ago (lol), so it was a blast from the past. My 4 year old little girl did great and did not want to leave

Old 07-08-2008, 12:56 AM

5,081 posts, read 7,695,565 times
Which gas station in New Braunfels?

Old 07-12-2008, 08:03 PM

53 posts, read 219,687 times
Default cheaper tickets?

Just looked at schlitterbahn's website and tickets are so much!! Are there places to get a good deal on tickets? We have age 8, 12, 13 and two adults and it will be over $200 .
Thanks

Old 07-12-2008, 09:03 PM

Default Gas Stations...

I think the majority of them do. I went to one pretty far out - my family lives there. Off 725 & Zip Road.

I want to say HEB might have them also for tickets. It is really the only way to get in cheap unless you know someone who works there to get you cheap tickets.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:11 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,718,390 times
I think some 0Taco Bells are still doing promo coupons. Also the tourist guides downtown off Alamo St. usually have a 2 or 3 dollar off coupon in them, but I've personally never seen much more so +1 on the gasoline station location .

There is a drug store near splashtown that sells tix for $15 (to Splashtown). Not as good as Schlitterbahn but can't beat the price for the slides.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 PM

2,431 posts, read 4,535,822 times
Sam's Club sells a pass for 2 adults, 2 kids, plus 4 meals for about $139. HEB sells some discount tickets, although I can't remember the actual price.

Ingram Park Mall used to have a deal for two tickets, plus some other coupons, and stuff, plus a $25 mall gift card for $75. The link is still working: Simon.com - Event Details
although I don't know if the promotion is still valid...

Also, this website: http://www.saattractions.com/index.htm also has discounts for San Antonio attractions.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:26 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,605,132 times
Also get there early, it gets crowded at about 12.

Old 07-13-2008, 02:56 PM

Default Heb

HEB Plus has coupons for Schlitterbahn:

H-E-B Online Services (http://www.heb.com/services/storeReview.jsp?storeNumber=85 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio