Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:31 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,906 times

Advertisements

I've seen them set-up a speed trap at UTSA Blvd/I-10 several times. It is never wise to speed in that area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 08:08 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
SAPD's focus on freeway speeding is misplaced. Yes, there are some people driving like bats out of Helotes that need to get ticketed, but SAPD focuses entirely too much attention on speeders on the freeway and not enough on other more dangerous and egregious offenses, such as speeding in neighborhoods & school zones, tailgating, weaving, failure to yield, obstructing the passing lane, running red lights, illegal turns, crossing medians, non-use of turn signals, etc. But then again, I can understand why: speeding is easy to enforce since it's fairly prevelent, you can sit in one place and let the violators come to you, and you even have a nice little machine to catch 'em, and on the freeway, you can get 'em in large numbers.

But I digress...
I TOTALLY agree.

Myth or reality; do police really have "ticket quotas"?

Old 07-17-2008, 08:19 PM

122 posts, read 512,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
I TOTALLY agree.

Myth or reality; do police really have "ticket quotas"?
As the daughter of a state trooper for 26 years, I can tell you its a myth. I know that to be true at least for DPS. I also know that to be true for other departments. They say, especially for the small departments, its more about proving your doing your job as opposed to meeting a quote. It makes sense, every job has some sort of output, and for police officers its tickets. Shoot, if your breaking the law they have every right to give you a ticket, trap or not. I am waiting for DWI road blocks to start being used in SA. I am 100% for that!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:26 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisco34 View Post
As the daughter of a state trooper for 26 years, I can tell you its a myth. I know that to be true at least for DPS. I also know that to be true for other departments. They say, especially for the small departments, its more about proving your doing your job as opposed to meeting a quote. It makes sense, every job has some sort of output, and for police officers its tickets. Shoot, if your breaking the law they have every right to give you a ticket, trap or not. I am waiting for DWI road blocks to start being used in SA. I am 100% for that!
DWI road blocks? I could google that I guess ( very lazy lately)

Thanks for answering about the quotas. My partner has lots of SAPD customers at work, well at her last place of employment and chatted with them all the time... she was insisting they had quotas. I thought probably not.

I do not at ALL understand how huge numbers of the SA population can get away with having their tiny children serve as loose projectiles in the car. Never in a car seat or booster, usually not even BUCKLED. Why??? Why????

Old 07-17-2008, 08:28 PM

27 posts, read 77,329 times
SCORE!!! I am glad all those people were pulled over!! Now if they would crack down on all the crazies that run red lights/tailgating/noisepollution/DUI/curb jumbing/driving in the emergencey lanes.

This town has more wreckless drivers than Houston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio