U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 01:43 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,017,157 times

Advertisements

Whooo Whooo Finally the Cops do their jobs.

Today they had about 20 plus cars out there giving out tickets!!!

The Cops with the Radar were on top of UTSA bridge going west. They've must of pulled about 200 people over and thats just from 8-12 I havent passed by it after 12.

Not only they were getting speeders, they were also pounding on those jackasses that stay on the fast lane and go 10 miles under the limit. Best part of all is that these driver never saw it comming. As soon as some one passed by me hauling butt, there was a squad car speeding thru the on ramp catching up to him. HA HA HA HA that made my day!!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,823 posts, read 33,226,435 times
This seems to be the season for speed traps here in the city. I've noticed a couple of them so far this month. They set them up in the places I frequent no more than once a year, so I doubt that it will deter the chronic speeders. In my estimation, if it's such a low priority that it's only worth doing once a year, why even bother to do it at all?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:02 PM

8,231 posts, read 27,133,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post

Not only they were getting speeders, they were also pounding on those jackasses that stay on the fast lane and go 10 miles under the limit.

That's good... that seems to be a huge problem when I'm driving around out there.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:03 PM

Because its the law!!! Seriously If the cops put more effort in speed traps they cant at least double their income to the city/state, how many people speed? almost everyone. Even the dullest plant still gives off its nectar.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:59 PM

222 posts, read 634,461 times
They had the same thing going on over off of 410 just as you go under I10. I was going the speed limit EXACTLY. . . yay me! ;D

Some other unlucky people weren't. I just see a ticket as the BIGGEST waste of time and money. I don't drive more than five over the limit and that's usually an accident. I don't notice it until I'm already going that fast.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,823 posts, read 33,226,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Seriously If the cops put more effort in speed traps they cant at least double their income to the city/state
Raising revenue should never be the reason for a punitive law. I'm fully convinced that revenue is the reason that Hollywood Park has a 20 MPH speed limit next to its City Hall. I got nicked for $140 for going over that ridiculous speed limit and it still sticks in my craw.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,344,351 times
I always thought it would be better if they concentrated their speed enforcement efforts in the subdivisions where speeding is more dangerous, at least IMHO.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,329,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Raising revenue should never be the reason for a punitive law. I'm fully convinced that revenue is the reason that Hollywood Park has a 20 MPH speed limit next to its City Hall. I got nicked for $140 for going over that ridiculous speed limit and it still sticks in my craw.
It's actually a big reason that people are attracted to that community. There's very little thru-traffic in there because of the cops' stigma. The residents love that the speed limit is what it is.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmanm View Post
I always thought it would be better if they concentrated their speed enforcement efforts in the subdivisions where speeding is more dangerous, at least IMHO.

Dead on! unfortunately they wont do it. because their chances of catching a speeder there are slim.

I get inspected every time I pass the scales on either side of 35 south in general. On monday DPS Inspected me, they found nothing. The Troopers caddy remark was " No saque para los frijoles pero alla te espero en el 211" which meand he didnt make any money off me, but he'll be wating for me at hwy 211 lol

Old 07-17-2008, 05:18 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,779,975 times
SAPD's focus on freeway speeding is misplaced. Yes, there are some people driving like bats out of Helotes that need to get ticketed, but SAPD focuses entirely too much attention on speeders on the freeway and not enough on other more dangerous and egregious offenses, such as speeding in neighborhoods & school zones, tailgating, weaving, failure to yield, obstructing the passing lane, running red lights, illegal turns, crossing medians, non-use of turn signals, etc. But then again, I can understand why: speeding is easy to enforce since it's fairly prevelent, you can sit in one place and let the violators come to you, and you even have a nice little machine to catch 'em, and on the freeway, you can get 'em in large numbers.

But I digress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio