Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:20 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,062 times

Advertisements

bar america!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 12:51 AM

791 posts, read 3,959,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTica View Post
My husband & I were in SA over the weekend looking for a place to live and had the extreme fortune of discovering the Cove! <snip> And the fact that they serve locally and naturally raised meat is something worth supporting!
I'm very proud to say that The Cove gets a large portion of their locally grown organic produce, meats and dairy from Greenling Organic Delivery - Local food and Organic produce and groceries home delivered - Austin and San Antonio. Support local farmers and the convenience of delivery to boot!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 AM

109 posts, read 387,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Shilo's deli is really good. Then go for a walk along the unpopulated part of the river near King William.
I love Shilo's as well. I get their 'polish neighbor', split pea soup, polish sausage sandwich and a deviled egg...mmmm....Their burgers are good too, odd shaped but good!

Old 08-14-2008, 12:04 PM

109 posts, read 387,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Restaurants: my favourites are in Southtown: La Frite, Cascabel. Azuca is ok - good mojitos and interesting menu.
I tried Cascabel's today and LOVED it! The food was excellent. It reminded me of our trips to Mexico...authentic. The fideo soup was a nice change of pace from chips and salsa.

We were trying to have lunch at El Mirador but it was too crowded so we opted for Cascabel...I am so glad we did.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodi711 View Post
I tried Cascabel's today and LOVED it! The food was excellent. It reminded me of our trips to Mexico...authentic. The fideo soup was a nice change of pace from chips and salsa.

We were trying to have lunch at El Mirador but it was too crowded so we opted for Cascabel...I am so glad we did.
Glad to hear it!

I actually think it's not as good as it used to be, but it's still great

Last edited by Chaka; 08-14-2008 at 12:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio